Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Free skier needs Help URGENT Anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
So James Woods and Pat Sharples need help and a dig out, Woodsy is in with a chance to win the World Cup tour for slopestyle this year but there is a tiny catch.

The need to get from, Tignes, to the Sieerra Nevadas after the X Games on the 22nd of March. There are no scheduled flights or transport options that they can use. Anyone who can help with the loan of a private Jet, Helicopter or some kind of contact that could get them from point A to B would be greatly appreciated.

Any ideas or contacts that could make this happen or for anyone who can provide assistance I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/21727577
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what sort of time does he have in between? surely he could at least fly from london to nevada? You won't get a private jet on here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fattes13, Train via Lyon and Barcelona? How long have they got for the journey?

Is there not a EJ Flight to UK London airport and back to Malaga?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What date do they need to leave Tignes, and when do they need to get to Sierra Nevada. I presume yo mean California when you say Sierra Nevada and not the one in Spain dont you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Finish in Tgnes on the the 21st and need to be at the Spanis Sierra's on the 22nd! Really tight turn around!

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?event_id=31572&cal_suchsector=FS
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You can get from GVA to Granada on 21st via madrid, but the flights leave GVA at 18.45 so you need to be leaving Tignes at mid-day. Not an option I presume, if he's in the x-games and will be skiing till late afternoon?

ediut

fly to malaga via amsterdam?

http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/gva/agp/130321/airfares-from-geneva-to-malaga-in-march-2013.html

It all depends when he can leave tignes and when he needs to be in Sierra Nevada

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 11-03-13 17:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
here you go

18:30 - 19:40
GVA Geneva
Air France
CDG Paris Charles de Gaulle
1h 10

1 Hour turn around

20:40 - 23:15
CDG Paris Charles de Gaulle
Air France
AF2230
AGP Malaga
2h 35

Hotel in Malaga, get up first thing, 2hr drive to Sierra Nevada. Job Done.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't understand this, surely this sort of logistical issue should be sorted in the blink of an eye by his sponsors? Salomon and Monster have pretty deep pockets!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albinomountainbadger, You're 100% right,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder, To early for the X Games schedule he would have to miss the Xgames events to make those flights.

albinomountainbadger, Not sure why they are stuck but they are, sometimes sponors have different agendas to their athlets.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Calm Calm, all is sorted, Salomon come good with a cheeky stop off at some boot lab in Chamonix. Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CH2O, He is desperately still looking

Some of the stuff I have seen happens the athletes this year has been shocking from resorting to twitter to beg for accommodation, flights, and equipment transfers. These are not low standard athletes, these are guys and girls are competing on the stop stage.

Woodsy is lucky that he is so high profile that he normally is well looked after, in this case stuff is just not lining up for him. A bit silly from FIS point of view to organise a WC event the day after the X –Games in fairness.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fattes13, you really think that timing was a coincidence?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RattytheSnowRat, Nope, attempt to move the sponsors from Big events like the X games towards FIS events. But I wouldn’t want to appear cynical all the time Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We can get him from the X Games to an airport if that helps at all ................
snow conditions
Fattes13, why don't they hire a car and drive?
ski holidays
Zero-G, Look at the times required they have to leave Tignes on the afternoon of the 21st and be in the Sierras, on the morning of the 22nd The 18 hour drive is sadly not an option.
ski holidays
What about a speed boat? Obviously a very high powered one with a very good captain?
ski holidays
Are quite a lot of athletes not going to be in the same boat?

The slopestyle finishes at 2:15 pm. If he is on the road by 4pm that gives him 17 hours to get to Sierra Nevada for 9pm and google eath reckons that it's just over a 16 hour drive so with a spare driver or two, some aggressive driving and not bumping into the gendarmerie in the middle of the night it should be feasable to drive.
ski holidays
rambotion, that sounds like a better bet than hoping for a rich patron with a private jet/helicopter to take him.
latest report
rambotion, monkey, It is an option and it is on the cards but that is assuming Google has it on the money and there is, No traffic, Good Weather and every other variable.

You also have to think that sleeping in the back of a moving vehicale on a long drive is less than ideal for a top Athlete.

Quote:

Are quite a lot of athletes not going to be in the same boat?

Well there is potentially only 2 people who can win the overall and Woodsy is one of them so it is kind of important, maybe not for those who have very little to gain.
latest report
my heart bleeds purple p*** for him. If he is that bothered about being in Spain then bin Tignes or the other way round. He is probably sitting there thinking its okay Snow Heads will sort it out for me...........and there again Smile
snow report
Quote:

my heart bleeds purple p*** for him

Aw, don't be mean, he wants to do both Very Happy

Reckon paying for someone to hire a huge car and drive them all the way would be the best option even if it isn't perfect to be lying out over seats in a car all the way.

Unless anyone can work out a GVA>somewhere>Granada/Malaga then car hire route which works on the evening of the 22nd but I assume they have been though the timetables themselves for flights.
ski holidays
adie,I will take it you have never meet the athlete concerned but go to any hill in the UK where there is freestyle and mention his name and watch what happens. I have never seen an athlete give so much back and ensure he is available for the junior kids coming up through the ranks. He is genuinely one of the most giving and enthusiastic athletes I have ever meet and his love for our sport & his admission of how lucky he is so obvious when you see him being interviewed or speak to him.

If the situation had not been desperate and every other avenue not been exhausted it would not have been posted here. Bit mean spirited on your part to be honest but hey I am sure you will all be on the bandwagon next February when he podiums at Sochi

To show how much effort was put in his coach & two or three other athletes and their coaches have managed to convince FIS to move the Sierra Nevada competition out by an extra day to allow them all to travel down with time. I guess it is part of the evolution of the sport that the events that are important to sponsors and athletes have yet to tie in with the FIS calendar but all is well that ends well.
snow report
Fattes13, Much as I loathe the use of 'podium' as a verb (nearly as bad as the ludicrous 'medalling') I have to say he sounds like a thoroughly good chap. Hope he gets his trip sorted.
snow report
Fattes13, that is good news, common sense prevails over hopes of a rich punter with a helicopter Smile
latest report
Email Richard Branson. I have heard he does random good deeds.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy