Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba vs Champoluc for Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am trying to plan a ski trip in Italy at Easter for a family of four. We are all good skiers, though I'm getting to an age where I will usually pick beauty over speed or bumps. We don't need off piste or nightlife, just good food, comfy beds and decent snow. Any thoughts on where our best bets would be to avoid too much slush or ice in the first week of April? Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a bit of a gamble to book anywhere in Italy for April in advance. Some years are better than others and the signs so far are that this year could well be one of the better ones. Cervinia is probably the most snow-sure Italian resort but doesn't really tick your 'beauty box'. Arabba and Champoluc meet all your requirements except for guaranteed decent snow. I love them both and, conditions being as they are this year, I would probably just flip a coin and 'go for it'.

Recent snow history for both here if it's of any use.

http://www.igluski.com/italy/arabba-snow-history_25615

http://www.igluski.com/italy/champoluc-snow-history_25534
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A belated thanks. We skied Champoluc a few years back and loved it, but thought we should try something different. And unless temperatures have suddenly hit Rome levels (where we live - hence the desire to ski Italy) we should be fine for snow.
One more question -- is it easy to get to Hidden Valley from Arabba? I was reading the reports on Hidden Valley and it sounds glorious. Thanks again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
".....One more question -- is it easy to get to Hidden Valley from Arabba?....."

Yes - ski to Campolongo ; cross the road ; ski acros the alta badia area towards Armentorola ; get taxi/bus to Laguzoi cable car ; ski hidden valley back to Armentorola ; go home !!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would do the Hidden Valley towards the beginning of your stay and definitely before you've done the even more scenic Alta Badia area (eg 360 degree panorama at Las Vegas mountain hut/hotel)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. We will definitely explore both Any recommendations of where to stay? We were thinking Arabba (if I can find a room), but are open to suggestions. Main requirements are easy access to a good variety of runs, and not too many crowds. We will probably take the train to Bolzano and transfer from there (expensive, I suspect, but far less stressful than driving, and we need a stress-free break).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just returned from a week at Hotel Mesdi in Arabba. There are lots of other places but this was the Best hotel I ever stayed at for food location, accoms and friendliness.
Email Michela at their website for a quote / availability & tell her Chris from NJ sent you, if they are full I am sure they will give you a suggestion.
Lots of snow there now, so you should be good thru easter, sure it will get slushy later on, but there's worse ways to spend time than an afternoon cocktail in the sunshine.
good luck.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Chris. Just saw your post. I ended up booking Madonna di Campiglio - it's a shorter trip from home and the hotel quoted much cheaper rates than the one (not the Mesdi!) I'd found in Arabba. But we live in Italy, so hope we can try the Mesdi next year. I'm glad your trip was good, and that there's lots of snow and not much slush. Some sunshine would be very welcome, but we had one spring ski season in Utah where the snow was so heavy it felt like skiing through molten lead -- good to know the Dolomites haven't reached that level of spring yet.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy