Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

She passed: ISIA Mountain Safety....so did Graham Bell!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good luck to all doing this week's course in Verbier.

Especially my lass.....and the mystery star guest (who does not need any luck).

No names...no details...until after the course is over.

EDIT:

All passed....and the mystery star guest course member was Graham Bell....yes, THAT Graham Bell.

Who would have thought it....he is a mere BASI 2, still working towards ISIA.
I wonder if he will try to pass Eurotest in due course?
Obviously he would need to do so in order to fully qualify....for "safety" reasons!!

Daughter was somewhat surprised to see him there on the first day, she reports that he is super nice guy, incredible fitness and a full "attack" skier at all times. Even the guides were somewhat in awe when they saw him sprint up and hammer down.
On the first day he ran up Rock Garden...I've been up there...I almost needed an oxygen tent when I reached the top.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-03-13 19:43; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do We snowHead get a discount when she qualifies ... wink
Best of Luck to all
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franzClammer, see above now edited....with your name perhaps my daughter could use her new contacts to set up a head-to-head showdown??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp wrote:
I wonder if he will try to pass Eurotest in due course?
No, he'll get a FIS points exception. Obviously his years of training and racing was all to ensure he was safe on the nursery slopes wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PS - congratulations to her.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, congrats to your daughter; how extraordinarily intimidating to have Graham Bell on the same course. Fun though. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, imagine being a trainer (esp on a technical course) and having Graham Bell turn up!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
pam w, imagine being a trainer (esp on a technical course) and having Graham Bell turn up!
That's the daunting bit! Having awesome skiers on the same course as you is normally inspiring rather than intimidating.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, I think I'd enjoy telling him his snowplough needed work Wink

i saw him at a rugby match last year and still regret not doing a pro callout on him
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, Dont think he will get an exception, AFAIK the FIS points have to be no older than 5 years to be eligible, spoke about this during training with him and he felt he was still under the pass time..

Arno more than a few olympians have done and are doing BASI...

rungsp, congrats , MS is a great course
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
rob@rar, Dont think he will get an exception, AFAIK the FIS points have to be no older than 5 years to be eligible, spoke about this during training with him and he felt he was still under the pass time..
Utter madness!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Obviously his years of training and racing was all to ensure he was safe on the nursery slopes

I know it's fun having a pop at the ESF but, to be fair, nobody has said the speed test is necessary to look after folk on the nursery slope. You see teachers out with kids on their ordinary "PE lessons" on the slopes and they don't generally look like they could pass a speed test.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, I wasn't having a pop at the ESF. I was having a pop at the Eurotest, but that's not the same thing.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done Eva the neighbour! I saw Graham in the Pub on Thursday and understand that the evening carried on well after I had headed home, obviously to no detrimental effect.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy