Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fight Club: Things that shouldn't be allowed....

Poster: A snowHead
Sensing that Snowheads 2013 is a bit more garrulous that in previous seasons, I thought I would start a few fights, and so raise my boring 'Sofia, user' status to hopefully 'hors piste.'

I've been saving up small niggly things that really annoy me - safety issues.

The first two are:

1) People who ski with Ipod earbuds in. They're a complete danger. Skiers and snowboarders travel at speed with little protection. The senses are all you've got to avoid accidents. Let's say there's a loose snowboard coming down behind you, if 'LOOK OUT!' or 'FORE!!' is up against Metallica, you've lost the sense that will help you notice.

2) People (usually ladies) who wear white skiwear. Sometimes in flat visibility, sometimes in fog.

Usually I am a real fight avoider, but Cairngorm is closed today with blizzards, so I thought this would fill the boredom gap

Obviously we'll want to touch on the rights/wrongs of helmets and pole tapping. (joke)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sofia wrote:

2) People (usually ladies) who wear white skiwear. Sometimes in flat visibility, sometimes in fog.

True, never a good look after riding a few old button lifts!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nowt wrong with Ladeeez who wear white skiwear as long as they have the figure for it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sofia wrote:
Things that shouldn't be allowed

Sofia wrote:
Cairngorm is closed today with blizzards

Fixed it for you!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Fixed it for you!

Thanks! New snow is good. It just shouldn't fall on Saturday...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There should be a law banning the sale of white ski pants in anything greater than a size 10 Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

There should be a law banning the sale of white ski pants in anything greater than a size 10

The trouble is, you can't actually see the figure of the lady wearing the shite ski suit - in effect, she could be wearing the entire mountain for all I can see
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saw a couple of blokes in Mayrhofen last weekend wearing white ski suits.

Things that shouldn't be allowed: Smoking in Austrian bars. Went to watch the footie in the sports bar and a bunch of english blokes on the next table all sparked up. Yeuch !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand wrote:
Saw a couple of blokes in Mayrhofen last weekend wearing white ski suits.

Things that shouldn't be allowed: Smoking in Austrian bars. Went to watch the footie in the sports bar and a bunch of english blokes on the next table all sparked up. Yeuch !

Agreed, smoking or watching footie in bars shouldn't be allowed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ladies size 12 or less in white ski pants with dark thongs on, Deffo allowed Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sofia wrote:

Usually I am a real fight avoider, but Cairngorm is closed today with blizzards, so I thought this would fill the boredom gap

(joke)

Shouldn't you be watching the dour Scots being whipped by the Welsh?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wear a white jacket and often have an ipod in, never crashed into anyone or been crashed into. Maybe the white jacket could be a legit concern if I didn't have a bright green helmet, as for the iPod, meh, maybe on really crowded runs, but still, it's fine really.

Skiing's a dangerous sport, if you want to be safe do something else.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
' if you want to be safe do something else.'

Or wear a bright green helmet NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
martinm wrote:
' if you want to be safe do something else.'

Or wear a bright green helmet NehNeh

Haha, true, I often have orange goggles as well, so tough to miss, but really OP's concerns are ridiculous.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used to ski with earphones in but, although i never had an accident I had enough near misses to stop using them. Usually people in perfect control who came whipping past me when, in a world of my own, I thought I was the only skiier around. Entirely my own fault, of course, but there is no doubt that they do reduce the margin of safety by a certain degree.
latest report
Quote:

OP's concerns are ridiculous.

They're hardly concerns! They were just two things I noted last time on the slopes and in my idleness, thought I'd mention them. a) I was following a lady with no green helmet, just a size 10 white onesie. She became invisible in the mist and I became aware that I had no idea how close I was to her. and b) Loose snowboard coming at someone with earbuds in. The boarder chased his board and did an award winning leap to tackle it that got him applause from the sides. It was only then that the skier with ear buds heard anything.
Actually, to be honest, I don't care that much, I was just trying to start a fight
snow report
Sofia wrote:
Quote:

They're hardly concerns! They were just two things I noted last time on the slopes and in my idleness, thought I'd mention them. a) I was following a lady with no green helmet, just a size 10 white onesie. She became invisible in the mist and I became aware that I had no idea how close I was to her. and b) Loose snowboard coming at someone with earbuds in. The boarder chased his board and did an award winning leap to tackle it that got him applause from the sides. It was only then that the skier with ear buds heard anything.
Actually, to be honest, I don't care that much, I was just trying to start a fight

If you want to start a fight/troll, you can't say you want to or it doesn't work! I may be trolling around here a fair bit as my season just got cut short by breaking my hand. Maybe I should start a thread about what really ruins the mountains are clueless punters...
snow report
In defence of the ladies, I've recently been shopping around for some new trousers. I've had a hard time finding any in nice bright colours. All the brands seems to offer is lots of white, a bit of pink or purple, maybe a bit of black (bor-ing), and if I'm lucky, baby blue. Yuck! I'd really like bright green, but having no luck. Might have to get bright canary yellow but a bit scared by quite how bright they are.
snow conditions
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Nikita-Womens-Pilatus-Pants-2013--classic-green---18733.html
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Scott-Womens-Academy-Pants-2013--green-flash----RRP--200-19299.html
Green enough? Very Happy
ski holidays
carettam, don't be scared by the yellow trousers! One advantage is that you will never lose your buddies again. Well, you may miss them, but they'll always find their way back to you Toofy Grin

Have a look at Sweet Protection for bright stuff, though mine are North Face.

I agree with the point about white kit - why would you want to make yourself less visible? Also, they'll be covered in muck after a few lift rides.
latest report
Quote:

don't be scared by the yellow trousers

I have a Tog24 skiing jacket that I bought in about 1997 that is scarily bright yellow. I'm not sure I ever really liked it that much, but was too mean to ditch it. Now, just when I feel I can justify getting rid of it I find two problems:
1. It has just come back IN to fashion (well, almost)
2. The family won't let me change it as it is the only way they can spot me on the piste from a distance of 500m!

Guess I'll just have to learn to love it.
snow conditions
Biggest bugbear- Skiers ( surprisingly often Brits) who ski fast with bug all technique and think they're ski gods. Just don't feel safe around them.
ski holidays
MJS wrote:
Biggest bugbear- Skiers ( surprisingly often Brits) who ski fast with bug all technique and think they're ski gods. Just don't feel safe around them.

And drunk.
snow conditions
jimmer wrote:
Sofia wrote:
Quote:

If you want to start a fight/troll, you can't say you want to or it doesn't work! I may be trolling around here a fair bit as my season just got cut short by breaking my hand. Maybe I should start a thread about what really ruins the mountains are clueless punters...

Look here Jimmero.....
ski holidays
Quote:
I agree with the point about white kit - why would you want to make yourself less visible? Also, they'll be covered in muck after a few lift rides.

The colour doesn't affect the amount of muck, just makes it more visible. So black kit will be as mucky as white, you just won't be able to see it. Toofy Grin
snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 10-03-13 14:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Bit of yellow for you Toofy Grin
latest report
emwmarine wrote:

Look here Jimmero.....

You flatter me, if only I could troll an 18 pager without even replying, amazing!
ski holidays
jimmer, I couldn't troll and mean it, unfortunately! I probably can't properly call this fight club. Grumble club?

Drunk skiers. Horrendous.
Same, smoking on the piste. (Though last year there was a young guy at Cairngorm in full 1930s rig with tweeds, gloveral duffel coat, straight skis and smoking a pipe)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yikes.............................. pre-pubescent teenager with ADHD stomping on yer skis in lift queues revealing their ODD tendencies with both parents in tow!

*fight.........fight..........fight.............fight*

To55er tw@t kid should have been tw@tted there and then in front of both parents,......................................... ooooops, that's just wot I did!
latest report
Quote:

Sensing that Snowheads 2013 is a bit more garrulous that in previous seasons

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing that's a larf.

Skiing to music has been done to death. You're going to have to find something else.

The most effective way to raise your status is to make a £ contribution to SHs. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
pam w, Ahhh, ok. That's probably not a bad idea anyway...
I also get annoyed by kids who join their fathers ahead of me in the queue by skiing at speed into a tiny gap, as indicated by the dad. Jezuz - I must be getting middle aged or something.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Sofia, I get annoyed by fathers/mothers that join their kids ahead of me by pushing into gaps from the side of a lift queue then suggest I'm a to55er by getting p1ssed off when I point out their arrogance. I tend to suggest (in French/German/Russian/Norwegian) that they are in fact miniscule-d1ck-n0bber5 who should be sh0t/ca5trated by the next lifty.

*smiles sweetly*
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
Sofia, I get annoyed by fathers/mothers that join their kids ahead of me by pushing into gaps from the side of a lift queue then suggest I'm a to55er by getting p1ssed off when I point out their arrogance. I tend to suggest (in French/German/Russian/Norwegian) that they are in fact miniscule-d1ck-n0bber5 who should be sh0t/ca5trated by the next lifty.

*smiles sweetly*

This, but it's not as bad as when you start a 2nd queue, and tell the person at the end of the first to tell people to go down to the 2nd, they agree, and then just don't bother either cause they're a pussy or just a straight up prick.
ski holidays
mag1882 wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

*smiles sweetly*

This, but it's not as bad as when you start a 2nd queue, and tell the person at the end of the first to tell people to go down to the 2nd, they agree, and then just don't bother either cause they're a pussy or just a straight up prick.

You've obviously met the Fockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snowHead
snow conditions
pam w wrote:

Skiing to music has been done to death. You're going to have to find something else.

She could always try helmets Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:

She could always try helmets

Or, 'I wish more skiers would tap their poles when they overtake me'
latest report
I'm amazed that any of the people who post on threads like this ever go skiing.
snow conditions
Sofia, Will you be skiing in a thong, showing your steely abs and wearing a bikini? Or do you still need to spend more time in the gym on the squats and deadlifts? Twisted Evil
latest report
Sofia, Given that you are skiing in Scotland I'm not sure why you think white ski clothes are difficult to see. Surely if someone wanted to blend into the background they would wear Peat Hag Brown or Dead Heather Dun ski clothes.

With luck this should add a bit more controversy to the thread. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
I'm amazed that any of the people who post on threads like this ever go skiing.

They just talk a good talk.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy