Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl -Good off piste itineries?? Can you ski to St Anton -in <=1 day??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

off to Ischgl next week, can't wait. I was there on a long weekend 12 yrs ago and remember very little about the resort's skiing tbh. I'd like to ski many of the classic off piste runs when there if possible. What are these runs? great if people could post links to articles, with any details of them, etc

thanks in advance for all advice,
horgand
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, if it's snowed recently, there's epic stuff usually right next to the pistes.. We were there in feb, and it was good, really good, and no one there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horgand wrote:
Hi Folks,

great if people could post links to articles, with any details of them, etc

horgand

You can find some tours and variants in Ischgl ski school internet page
http://www.schneesport-akademie.at/
RACE to Top - Tours and Variants

Good luck
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
just got back. no off piste and very warm thus heavy slushy snow
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back this evening. Not snowed for a while and although pistes are in good condition off piste is tracked out. However, lots forecast for middle of next week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back from Ischgl yesterday - the poor weather forecast for the week turned out to be wrong as we had mainly sunny days. I thought the snow on the north facing slopes was fine - the south facing sides became a bit soft as the day wore on. Had fun skiing with Corky and his mates on one of the days (thanks Corky).

Had a morning skiing at Galtur yesterday before coming home. It was a beautiful sunny day - an inch of fresh snow on top of the hardpack and it was nice to be able to create fresh tracks on the busy Ballunabfahrt slopes first thing, then work round the hill before the snow was tracked out:

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horgand wrote:
Hi Folks,

off to Ischgl next week, can't wait. I was there on a long weekend 12 yrs ago and remember very little about the resort's skiing tbh. I'd like to ski many of the classic off piste runs when there if possible. What are these runs? great if people could post links to articles, with any details of them, etc

horgand

I know this is all too late, but might be useful next time...

[caveat - I've not done these routes, they are just from reading a guide book and maps]

You can get to St Anton pretty easily from the top lift in Kappl - it looks like you drop straight in to the Malfontal and follow it all the way down. Actually, you end up in Pettneu, but it's a short bus ride to St Anton from there.

Getting back is harder, but very do-able. You head up Rendl and across Rossfall, but instead of heading back to the lift system you head up to the head of the valley (various routes) then drop down back in the the Ischgl area. I'd guess the climb up is a good couple of hours or more. Some of the descents from there look pretty steep, so in the right conditions very good fun, and in the wrong conditions very risky.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Sah,

Good to know. I've done half the route from St Anton to ischgl previously with Peke from Piste to Powder. I think we ended up in Pettneu actually, lovely run from back of Rendl, plus a small hike. I suspect we would have had to hike 1 or more cols to make it all the way to Ischgl.

Anyways was in Ischgl 2 weeks ago. Epic, 2 full on bluebird days, several days with sun and snow showers and all round good fun. Skied with SCGb most of the week and a good job Glyn Taylor from SCGB did for us too. I really liked Ischgl, not as much terrain & maybe not as spectacular as St Anton, but a fully integrated resort, high, great snow quality, some nice 30 degree pitches fully lift accessible and slow to be skied out- how bad hey!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As an old fart I thought I may call in there to see Deep Purple at the end of the season. Does anyone know any decent restaurants for non-tobacco-users there?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On the mountain or in the village? As for smoking it doesn't matter as all of the restaurants are non smoking, whereas all the bars I know of aren't.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy