Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh no, not another book about life in a ski resort!

Poster: A snowHead
Follow Me! Tales of a Human Piste Map

This novel has been festering away in my brain and laptop for a few years and was 95% through the second re-write when Alex Thomas’ excellent War and Piste came along. I promptly shelved mine with a grumble and a booger, and went out and enjoyed the snow.

The it crossed my mind that after buying a beer I wouldn’t say ‘well that was nice’ and then never try another one. So I rescued Cally from the shelf – sadly it was the beer and chocolate shelf and never being one to miss an opportunity, she’d scoffed the lot – and got back to work.

Last week she was released onto an unsuspecting World and this Friday & Saturday (8th & 9th) she is FREE to download to your Kindle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Follow-Tales-Human-Piste-ebook/dp/B00BMACGUO?tag=amz07b-21

Hope you liike it, she says, trembling in her ski boots.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Stella, I am in the middle of a book at the moment, but will give this a read after snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Downloaded snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
awesome, thanks!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks just downloaded.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Downloaded.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Downloaded - THANKS !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Downloaded!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks was looking for a good read for tonight
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Downloaded Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's great, thanks very much! Downloaded and looking forward to reading it snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
downloaded
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Downloaded thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
also downloaded
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stella, merci - également teléchargé Smile
snow conditions
Downloaded, thanks!!! Just in time for a read on my Easter ski holiday!
snow report
Downloaded - Thanks!
ski holidays
Thanks - downloaded. Looking forward to reading.
snow conditions
Done will read over Easter.
snow report
Thanks, added to my ever growing virtual stack of books.
ski holidays
Thanks for the free book Smile
snow conditions
Stella, thanks snowHead
snow report
Stella, Thank you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Merci
ski holidays
Ta downloaded
ski holidays
+1
TY
ski holidays
Thanks
snow conditions
Downloaded to other 'alfs Kindle. It'll keep her quiet for a few days. Thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
downloaded Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Ta. Also downloaded this evening, ready for Easter trip. Or possibly before!
ski holidays
ta muchly!
ski holidays
Downloaded, thanks
ski holidays
Thanks.
snow conditions
Downloaded and thanks.
ski holidays
Thanks so much for all your support! UK dowloads are far outstripping those from the US - my last book was the other way round!

This site finds free/bargain books for your Kindle http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/ and the daily newsletter also includes a Drabble - a short story of exactly 100 words.

This one of mine was included a few weeks back.

The Skier

The morning sun flames the mountain peaks as the boys pull over to fit snow chains.
“Need a hand?” They laugh.
We park right beside the piste and get kitted up. I am fearful, excited. I love my skiing, the speed, thrill, fresh tracks. Will I still be able to do it?
We start steadily, a blue run, weaving around ski school crocodiles. Confidence grows, faster, steeper, deeper, through the trees, snow pluming behind me. Just like old times. I whoop and laugh with the thrill I thought I’d lost.
“That was fantastic.” I pat the sit-ski. “Who needs legs?”
ski holidays
Don't have a kindle Sad
ski holidays
NE1 wrote:
Don't have a kindle Sad
You dont need one, books can be downloaded and read on most computers, phones and tablets.
latest report
Stella, thanks for the offer of the free download. I jumped at it, having enjoyed "War and Piste" a couple of months back.

Overall, I liked it - the main character was believable, it flowed well, and it didn't descend into one long whinge about ungrateful punters like some others I've read. On the plus side, it was an easy read, and took a couple of turns which kept it interesting, and I flew through it over the weekend. On the minus side, it's a little light - the season may only be 3-4 months, but it seemed to pass in a flash. More flesh on the bones would have been worthwhile, as would some deeper characterisation of the supporting cast - many were surprisingly flat for people the main character was sharing her life with.

My biggest criticism is one which is all too common for eBooks which have short-circuited the publishing process - you really do need a good proof reader. There are many examples of jarring commas, spell checker corrections which got the wrong word, or where simply the wrong word was chosen, and some passages which seem a bit jumbled. This is not terminal, but it is something which is easily fixed, and given that the eBook format allows you to update it and publish it back to those who've already bought it, you may want to consider the effort involved in doing so.

Your ending I presume is intentionally sudden, and it works as a way to bring the story to a close, but I'd have been tempted to leave it there rather than tacking on an epilogue to leave a happy ending, or putting that 80% of the way through the story and developing the after-effects more.
ski holidays
bah humbug missed the free download offer, so replying in the hope you do it again Smile
snow report
Still finishing my current book so not started this one yet but looking forward to it.

In terms of free books, there's a page on Facebook that you can like and they post daily free book offers, search "Free Kindle Book". I've now alsu subscribed to the link posted above and have downloaded something else - really must read some more books before I get any more!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy