Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying new ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a pair of Salamon X-sream boots for several years and spend my whole life unclipping them before i get on the lift, so blood can get to my feet.

I can now afford a new pair of boots and after trying on boots last night, with the "help" of an arrogant condecsending assistant; have a few questions for the masses.

I've been skiing for nearly 15 years, since school, and my ideal ski day is a bit of everything, piste, off-piste, jumps...whatever i fancy. i basically want a boot that can take whatever i throw at it, but without the uncomfort i've got at the moment.

After trying on boots last night, is it worth going for a softer boot for comfort or after being used to a stiff boot will it be annoying?

Is there a happy medium?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck, you are about to get a million contradictory answers. People who like boots with soft flex will say soft flex boots and vice versa. You just have to do what suits you. I like stiff boots, however, it is years since I skied in anything else.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
t-bagg, welcome to snowHeads. Can't help with your question, but was thinking we may have shared a cuppa at some point. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
t-bagg, Welcome. Really up to you and what you like. X-screams are not particularly stiff by the way. I personally like a stiff boot and find softer boots upset my skiing. Unless you can get to see the SmallZooKeeper in Chamonix I'd try Profeet on the New King's Road. http://www.profeet.co.uk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all

If X-screams aren't stiff, i'm in trouble.

I think it's probably the fit that's the problem.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

t-bagg, welcome to snowHeads. Can't help with your question, but was thinking we may have shared a cuppa at some point

quite probably - the irony is i only drink coffee
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fit is the key in all acounts, flex is a simple thing to work with when you know, how the ski feels and when you know where you are, when your on them. I know of a small zoo in Chamonix with a coffee machine, kettle of vin chaud and a fridge full of nice stuff if that helps. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure your problem is fit rather than stiffness.

That said, I have decided that for me comfort comes before the last ounce of performance potential. I would not choose the stiffer boot if it was less comfortable. My logic:

1. if my feet are uncomfortable I ski worse - simple as that. It effects my balance and weighting
2. provided boots are laterally stiff and hold your heel down (and allow you to get your CM centred) I think stiffness in forward flex has a marginal impact on skiing performance (now that we don't need to pressure our tongues to carve)
3. skiing is supposed to be fun - discomfort erodes my fun

J
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
all sorted; the idiot who served me earlier in the week confused and annoyed me by not even trying to bothered to find out what i was after.

i spent a couple of hours yesterday trying on different boots with and without footbeds;

i came away with Tecnica Diablo Flames with custom footbeds and they're perfect; though my credit card would disagree.

thanks for all advise given
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
that idiot seem to get around,he must parttime in every other ski shop in london.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy