Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel - Hotel Le Tremplin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning! Hoping to get 4 days on the slopes in Meribel on 17-21 Mar. Have been recommended the Tremplin but Trip Advisor reviews differ - any Snowheads stayed there. We have skiied the 3Vs before but never stayed in Meribel and believe it to be fantastic as well as having a lively apres ski reputation. Please tell me its not full of Brits on tour though? Could anyone recommend a reasonable transfer company? Merci!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
very noisy but if you are after apres ....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have you actually booked yet or just looking to ?
Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pascha, We stayed at the Hotel L'Eterlou last year and are booked again at Easter this year.The Eterlou is one of three hotels all linked and the Tremplin is one of them. Room was fine , food was great , both breakfast and dinner., staf fwere really friendly.The outdoor pool is great to relax in and there was a hotub/sauna/steam room too. Location is great , literally 100m to the slopes. We booked with Neilson and were the only ones dropped of at the hotel , was mostly non brits in the hotel and there was also a business conference on at the time. sure someone else can advise if Meribel is 'full of Brits on tour'.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very near the pistes but I think the cost of these hotels puts off the ususal Brits on Tour types as clients. They are certainly in Meribel though, possibly in the supposedly abysmal Hotel La Taverne and Hotel Doron in the centre of town, and a fair few will certainly be visiting Jacks Bar which occasionally has the atmosphere of a rugby club. It's underneath the Eterlou/Tremplin and although they try to control noise quite well it's not unknown for a tired and emotional client to jump the fence and leap into the hotels' open air swimming pool.

I've not stayed in these hotels but worked under them for two seasons. I believe most of the price of the three hotels (Eterlou, Tremplin, Chaudanne) is entirely due to the location at the foot of the pistes and would look elsewhere for better value, personally.

The owner has also added the enormous 5-star Hotel Le Kaila next to the Hotel Chaudanne, but if it's not 99% full of Russians I'll eat a reasonably-sized hat...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 7-03-13 13:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love the Trip advisor report form Sophie of Paris.

Traveller rating:
"FLEE"
7 Jan 2013 A TripAdvisor Member
Home to the great reception by the receptionists seasonal rooms redone. In contrast, support for the deplorable back-office officials. Rented room ... dirty. 2nd bedroom poorly cleaned. Value for money deplorable.

Not a fan then.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kiters wrote:
have you actually booked yet or just looking to ?
Puzzled
Havent booked yet awaiting a few more opinions.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albinomountainbadger wrote:
Very near the pistes but I think the cost of these hotels puts off the ususal Brits on Tour types as clients. They are certainly in Meribel though, possibly in the supposedly abysmal Hotel La Taverne and Hotel Doron in the centre of town, and a fair few will certainly be visiting Jacks Bar which occasionally has the atmosphere of a rugby club. It's underneath the Eterlou/Tremplin and although they try to control noise quite well it's not unknown for a tired and emotional client to jump the fence and leap into the hotels' open air swimming pool.

I've not stayed in these hotels but worked under them for two seasons. I believe most of the price of the three hotels (Eterlou, Tremplin, Chaudanne) is entirely due to the location at the foot of the pistes and would look elsewhere for better value, personally.

The owner has also added the enormous 5-star Hotel Le Kaila next to the Hotel Chaudanne, but if it's not 99% full of Russians I'll eat a reasonably-sized hat...
Thank you for all the info. Ive looked on the map and at least the Taverne and Doron are far enough away. Crikey Moses, the Ruskys seem to be taking over!! I looked at Le Kaila, then the rates'Shocked' Its a no goer for us. I cant find any other suitable accom that will afford us a 4 nights stay at less than £300 a night. Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try Mottaret, you'll appreciate the extra altitude when lack of snow prevents skiing back to Méribel centre.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scot_Ski wrote:
pascha, We stayed at the Hotel L'Eterlou last year and are booked again at Easter this year.The Eterlou is one of three hotels all linked and the Tremplin is one of them. Room was fine , food was great , both breakfast and dinner., staf fwere really friendly.The outdoor pool is great to relax in and there was a hotub/sauna/steam room too. Location is great , literally 100m to the slopes. We booked with Neilson and were the only ones dropped of at the hotel , was mostly non brits in the hotel and there was also a business conference on at the time. sure someone else can advise if Meribel is 'full of Brits on tour'.

Thank you for such a positive reply. Glad to know you enjoyed it that much you are returning. Unfortunately. Neilson dont have anything available and due to the 4 night stay its really awkward to find any operator who will accom us (just 2 of us) unless we book hotel, transfers and flights independently. Looking forward to making booking now. Have a super Easter!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blahblahblah wrote:
I love the Trip advisor report form Sophie of Paris.

Traveller rating:
"FLEE"
7 Jan 2013 A TripAdvisor Member
Home to the great reception by the receptionists seasonal rooms redone. In contrast, support for the deplorable back-office officials. Rented room ... dirty. 2nd bedroom poorly cleaned. Value for money deplorable.

Not a fan then.

I love it too - not good though if you are thinking of going there. Thats what put me onto Snowheads! I truly hope we dont get a dirty room, I dont want to spend my first day cleaning Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy