Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BCA Tracker 3 - looking like 2014

Poster: A snowHead
reading between these lines.

http://www.backcountryaccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2013-freelance-summary.pdf

Which I guess was obvious anyway...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mishmash, presume sourcing them via the USA is OK though? Looking for 2, for me and son - any thoughts on whether we should go for Tracker 2, wait for Tracker 3 or go for something else?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alti - dude, Me, my OH and ski pals all ski with Tracker 2, highly recommended
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alti - dude, Me, my OH and tight arse pals still use Tracker 1.

It transmits fine wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc,

Is that Haggis_Trap I hear coming? Fee Fi Fo Fum...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
musher, Shhhhhhhhhhh................... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Note to self: buy Mosha Marc a Tracker 3
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nothing wrong with a T1.... still a good beacon.
however if you use it next to a T2 you will see the benefit of the 3rd antenna and faster processor.

as far as I am aware the T3 is still due at the end of this year (2013) in time for next season.
though I may be wrong.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you can get tracker 2 in France for Euro 186: http://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/tracker-2-85197.html vs Tracker 1 for £180 in UK I know which I would buy ! http://www.facewest.co.uk/BCA-DTS-Tracker.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=facewestFroogle&gclid=CKK6_pvzgbcCFdDJtAod7BEAow

"as far as I am aware the T3 is still due at the end of this year (2013) in time for next season" - what I meant ( 2 months ago) was 2013/14 season. I.E. the link is to an vacancy to shoot Tracker 3 promo and instructional video in April this year.

In terms of the product benefit or otherwise of Tracker 2 vs 3 AFAIK it seems to boil down to weight, battery life size but no great technology advancement, but I stand to be corrected. For me that means if you can find cheap Tracker 2 discounted now that seems like a good idea.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you can get tracker 2 in France for Euro 186: http://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/tracker-2-85197.html vs Tracker 1 for £180 in UK I know which I would buy ! http://www.facewest.co.uk/BCA-DTS-Tracker.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=facewestFroogle&gclid=CKK6_pvzgbcCFdDJtAod7BEAow

"as far as I am aware the T3 is still due at the end of this year (2013) in time for next season" - what I meant ( 2 months ago) was 2013/14 season. I.E. the link is to an vacancy to shoot Tracker 3 promo and instructional video in April this year.

In terms of the product benefit or otherwise of Tracker 2 vs 3 AFAIK it seems to boil down to weight, battery life size but no great technology advancement, but I stand to be corrected. For me that means if you can find cheap Tracker 2 discounted now that seems like a good idea.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^ main difference on the T3 will be a mark function for multiple burials.
will apparently retail for closer to £300.

BCA make some great beacons - though for slightly lower prices it worth checking out the newer ARVA models.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mishmash, Haggis_Trap, Dates for the Tracker 3 look like end of Oct 2013 from what I have been told, the size and weight are pretty good little heavier than a smart phone but smaller than my HTC One x !

The major benefit will be the multiple search, flag and switch function which is pretty much spot on, but the price is a little steep when compared to the new Arva Neo which does the same sort of stuff and is a similar size but about £100 cheaper Shocked

Bit more info on my site Toofy Grin Toofy Grin http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/BCA-Tracker-3
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Funnily enough we just contacted Anatom, who are the UK distributors of BCA, about the T3 yesterday. Their reply was the T3 should be delivered "end of October, beginning of November, but it's not set in stone yet." Hmm. Hi livetoski, hope you have a good season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It seems that there will be no Tracker 3 for the 2013-14 season.

Posted on the snowshepperd.co.uk website "BCA and K2 Sports have informed us they are not launching the T3 for this season but it will be available for the 2014 2015 season, we are sure that while this is huge dissapointment for many, BCA are doing this in the best interests of the customer becuase the unit is not 100% as they would like it."
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FreeBeer, Yep bit of a disappointment but its the right thing to do if they are not 100%.

BCA are going to test it really well during this season with a number of current units being supplied to the trade for this to get further feedback.

I have let all my customers know now and offered options on what to do, fortunately (or wisely) , I switched my T3 page to invoice only a few weeks ago, otherwise it could have been a bit heavy with refunds.

Oh and FreeBeer, you owe me one, a free beer that is, all spelling mistakes of my name will result in a punishment Laughing

T3 should be 2014 2015 season so lets keep our fingers crossed rolling eyes
snow report
livetoski

While you are there , as it where, a couple of BCA Questions on the Float bags :

Last year I read that they were going to sell "bag only" options in 2013/14 as the internal gubbins is actually swappable - Any news or verification on this? (I think it was in the Dealer support marketing material and I saw it online somewhere) .

Is there a UK approved refill network ( odd I know, but I don't want to waste time on holiday arranging a refill!)

Thanks!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy