Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit, leading innovation, turning the commercial corner into oblivion?

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret,

Strange, I hated low delta bindings (e.g.Fritschi) and much prefer the dynafits.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blister have a first look at the Beast:
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/first-look-dynafit-beast-16-at-binding
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, very individual but most people are better balanced with a lower delta, your one of the lucky ones wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret wrote:
DB, very individual but most people are better balanced with a lower delta, your one of the strange ones wink

FIFY.

Must be down to the high heels I wear with the transvestite nurse costume on the weekend wink

Didn't realize the delta varied so much by binding manufacturer ...
Quote:

Here's the binding delta angles for the different binding manufacturers:
Marker Duke & Baron 0mm
Atomic +2mm
Salomon +2mm
Fischer/Tyrolia +3mm
Look/Rossi, Marker & VIST + 5mm

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/47/69/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
meh wrote:
Blister have a first look at the Beast

Beasts on DPS Pure skis, eh? If only he'd been using Vulcan boots too... could have had the hat-trick of thousand dollar bits of kit. Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Delta is best addressed in boot, delta is an issue due to ankle flexion issues and should be an important consideration after fit and function of boot. We assess every client and fist decision is where is neutral and how much lift if any, is required. Binding delta, once at this stage can be an issue, however given the separation of heel and toe (duke et all excepted) should not be of primary concern. This all said, once boots are somewhat into their life, new bindings, may cock tipping point up, mounting point can help.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just updated the delta info on site 'cause the zero delta quoted for the Duke/Baron is only applicable with alpine boot soles (ie the AFD is wound up) but the AFD needs winding down for AT soles & most makes of those boots give a 6mm delta. So the new Beast will match the delta angle used by AT boot wearers in Duke/Barons - strange coincidence eh

Here's my latest info (which in some cases contradicts the manufacturers' own marketing bull):

Marker Duke/Baron/Tour 0mm (with alpine boots)
Marker Duke/Baron/Tour +6mm (with AT boots)
Atomic +2mm
Salomon +2mm
Head/Tyrolia/Fischer +3mm
Marker Jester/Griffon +4mm (Marker say these are flat but they're not)
Look/Rossi/VIST + 5mm
Look/Rossi Pivot/FKS +5mm (Look/Rossi say these are flat but they're not)
Dynafit Radical Speed/ST/FT +15mm (with Vulcan/Mercury boot)
Dynafit Radical ST/FT +12mm (with Tecnica Cochise boot)
Dynafit Beast 16 +6mm (with Vulcan/Mercury boot)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 8-03-13 12:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, Dynafit boots too, wind the AFD right back as far as it goes and whey hey, almost perfect adjustment, better than any others that is.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, that said, I think it's important to clarify for the masses, that mm is not the measurement that counts, it's degrees, however unless it's known how far apart heel and toe are, degrees cannot be worked out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That said, zero mm = zero degrees, I just got off my calculator for that one.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CH2O wrote:
Delta is best addressed in boot

That may be so, but if you use one pair of boots with several bindings and notice a difference, then altering the boot isn't an option necessarily.

I do notice a big difference between Barons and Radials - on paper surprising as the measured difference in delta is only 4/5mm which with a BSL of 322 which should be an angle of less than 1º ...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CH2O wrote:
That said, zero mm = zero degrees, I just got off my calculator for that one.

That must have taken some working out!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CH2O wrote:
spyderjon, that said, I think it's important to clarify for the masses, that mm is not the measurement that counts, it's degrees, however unless it's known how far apart heel and toe are, degrees cannot be worked out.

Agreed but you can only quote the binding delta's in mm as a shorter boot in the same binding with be at a steepe angle.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing, yup, that's true, wait until you get a look at the Salomon Quest Dynafit Sole pads, alone they change the toe height by 7mm, never mind swapping the standard boots though different bindings, all in all it points towards getting boots and bindings done with proper techs, their experience will save you turning your skis into Swiss cheese, seriously bad idea with line Bacon flavour skis, hmmmmm, Cheese n Bacon!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, that's what I wrote. Re read it. Little Angel
snow report
CH2O, "Salomon Quest Dynafit Sole pads" - intriguing.... going to be over in your manor for a couple of weeks work - might have to swing by so you can explain more...
snow conditions
CH2O, as long as the aluminium foil quest inserts aren't involved...
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, no, they're all good, apart from the massive delta oversight.
ski holidays
CH2O wrote:
Delta is best addressed in boot

How much (approximately in mm) can be done inside the boot?
snow report
CH2O wrote:
spyderjon, that's what I wrote. Re read it. Little Angel

I have & I still can't understand it Toofy Grin

Agreed re the SFB's. I've done another pair with QK's this morning & have now finally figured out what they use for the core as it's a dead ringer for the dust in the bottom of the Frosties packet I threw out this morning!
snow conditions
DB, depends on boot and foot, boot selection needs to accommodate it, did 45 mm once, extreme case equines.
ski holidays
spyderjon, I said delta degrees can't be worked out until we know how far apart the heel and toe units are, flip in hecklers
snow report
spyderjon, I think you are right about SFB, it's perhaps the breakfast link with frosties that gave the name of their second morning buffet course. We refuse to mount them, in any way.
snow report
Should the delta angle for an Alpine and touring setup be the same. i.e. if someone is happy with the touring setup they should then get an alpine boot / binding rigged up to match?
snow conditions
DB, a lot of factors to consider, but essentially yes as it's a biomechanics issue, thus personnel to each of us, another reason why you shouldn't mount bindings like your mates at plus or minus blah blah cos he/she does on that ski and it works for them!
snow report
CH2O wrote:
spyderjon, I said delta degrees can't be worked out until we know how far apart the heel and toe units are, flip in hecklers

Ah, got it. I've been breathing lots of epoxy this morning Toofy Grin
latest report
spyderjon, beats nappies!
snow report
spyderjon, before we let this tread get back on track, have you drilled many DPS?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CH2O wrote:
spyderjon, before we let this tread get back on track, have you drilled many DPS?

Yeh, loads of 'em, both hybrids & pure carbons. The only one I haven't mounted is the super wide Spoons but I've got some coming in next week to be QK'd for Pivots - which'll be a fun brake bend rolling eyes

Here's what I know:

The DPS top sheet mounting points are total bollox (some of are many cm's out) but I've got a list of the mounting points from the factory for all the models/lengths so if you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy. Note that unusally the measurements are from the tails & not from the tips.

For a conventional mount the older skis required a dual dia step drill but this seasons now require a standard 4.1 x9mm bit a la metal top sheeted skis - & you should epoxy the screws in rather than using a flexy waterproof wood glue.

If you installing QK inserts then you'll find that they take a lovely clean thread. Due to their strong construction on dual mounts (done loads of Duke/Dyna combo's) I'd be happy to go a bit closer hole to hole than usual unless the owner's doing back flips off 30 footers.

The only thing you have to watch is the thickness of the skis as they're thinner than most, especially the pures, & especially around the rear heel hole locations if you've someone with a large BSL or when mounting large Dukes/Barons/Tours & the even longer Guardians. In these situations grinding a mm of the end of the screw or insert will do the trick. As the inserts are a lot bigger dia than regular screws you can, in these thinner areas, get some 'shadowing' of the inserts through the base so it's worth mentioning it to your customers first as even though everything's flat & dandy it can be a bit unnerving if they've not seen it before.

I've not yet mounted Adrenalins on to DPS's but as they're super long they could be a real problem although their most rearward holes only penetrate 7mm - & they can't be used with inserts unless you machine up some T shafted M5 studs.

Hope this helps.
snow report
was more nterested to know if you had the same odeur of fish coming from them when drilling.
latest report
CH2O wrote:
was more nterested to know if you had the same odeur of fish coming from them when drilling.

Haven't noticed anything.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy