Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's that time again - what haven't I packed ?

Poster: A snowHead
So, off on Thursday for long weekend to brides les Bains

Normally I am packing for the family (that's another recurring thread) but this one is just me and a mate

I've put skis boots clothes on spare bed plus plugs for phone, Garmin, camera etc

Have passport

The might of SH masses have been really useful in the past (e.g.where is my passport ?)

So, what have I forgotten ?

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tickets, insurance, copies of booking forms etc.

Money, credit cards, book/kindle
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Socks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i'm off to Andorra on Sunday and away with work all week...packing not yet started Smile i look forward to seeing the packing list!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Detachable bits of coat e.g. the hood.

EHIC card.

A towel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Copies of booking forms ....mhmmmm..... Blooming iPad
Easyjet checks me in and sends me a PDF of boarding passes .. So what do I do with these on an ipad? I cant print them ??? Anyone know if I can send it to iBooks on the ipad and then email from there ?

Ehics. Good idea
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
S%IT - EHIC cards have expiredo. chances of getting new ones in 4 days?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Phew ... Ehics still in date
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sev112 wrote:
Copies of booking forms ....mhmmmm..... Blooming iPad
Easyjet checks me in and sends me a PDF of boarding passes .. So what do I do with these on an ipad? I cant print them ??? Anyone know if I can send it to iBooks on the ipad and then email from there ?

Ehics. Good idea

I have taken our boarding passes on my phone before. If it has a barcode it will scan from your iPad just the same as a piece of paper. Make sure you have saved it locally for the return journey though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
N/M

mods please delete this post( not my next one )
I can't delete it myself ??????

Andy Puzzled

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 5-03-13 0:28; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are away to SSV & LL in 2 weeks time( 16th) one of our party is already packed and roaring to go snowHead
As usual, I'll probably wait until the last minute........

If it wasn't for the "Last Minute" I'd never get anything done Laughing

Andy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I forgot my sports bra.

This may not be relavant to you. Annoying for me though, I'll remember next time.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet wrote:
I forgot my sports bra.

This may not be relavant to you. Annoying for me though, I'll remember next time.

Wife tells me I would benefit from a good sports bra. Not sure if she is referring to my moobs or she likes me in her underwear Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Converter plug - no use taking all the chargers without it.

Print out of airport car park booking & ski hire booking.

Off on Sat and the pile on the spare bed is growing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Imodium.
ski holidays
Thornyhill, Sports bras are not generally the sexiest of attire... make of that what you will Toofy Grin
latest report
I'm off again in 2 weeks. Last time my bag weighed 16.8kg on the way back with ski boots inside. This time I'm with Ryanair so I'm limited to 15kg. I'm trying to convince myself I can live without my hair straighteners for 5 days...
ski holidays
Scarlet, were you skiing moguls Puzzled
other than that, I cannot see the use ... Confused
ski holidays
Snowdrop, I did have a bash, actually!

I cannot presume your gender from your username, so if you are female, then there is the comfort, lack of faffing and not getting stabbed with an underwire when you crash aspect.

And if you are male, rolling eyes
latest report
kooky wrote:
Imodium.

Seconded... Embarassed
ski holidays
queen bodecia, I bought a pair of mini straighteners as we're doing a few weekend trips over the year with hand bagage only. Okay, they're not as great as my big set, but my hair is pretty straight and just needs finishing off. They're Babylis ones, about £10 of Amazon, and did the trick when we were away in January.
snow conditions
jocrad, they look great but might take a good hour to straighten all of my hair (I have loads of the stuff) with those!
ski holidays
Found my blackstrap in my camera bag today ... Godsend

Euros today

Passport last night

Ski poles were still in spare room

This is dangerously efficient

LIPSALVE LIPSALVE LIPSALVE ...where is Boots when you need it
snow report
Got me CDN Dollars today Happy Skis back from being Waxed, new pair of socks to try out......think I'm just as ready to go now too Toofy Grin. I'm sure ill leave something behind tho as I normally do Sad

Andy
ski holidays
Quote:

Converter plug - no use taking all the chargers without it.

Take one of these, and a multiplug
ski holidays
Pack light, people, and feel liberated by it! Passport, insurance, phone and charger, credit card. Everything else you remember to pack is a bonus!
snow report
Quote:

Pack light, people, and feel liberated by it! Passport, insurance, phone and charger, credit card. Everything else you remember to pack is a bonus!

When did a phone and charger become essential? Pack light pandora,
ski holidays
queen bodecia, I do have to say if my hair was longer, they'd not be much good - so cut it all off!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

When did a phone and charger become essential? Pack light pandora,

When you forgot to pack everything else and needed to get on the phone to organise stuff??
snow report
I don't need to take a phone charger, I'm only going for 5 days this time. Maybe the hair straighteners can stay.
ski holidays
If you are going to a white resort with thick ice on the streets and pavements: ice grips for your non-ski footwear! I was in Val d'Isere earlier this year and the streets are more dangerous than the pistes! Got some ice grips and sauntered around very safely.
snow conditions
pandora wrote:

I've packed - passport, boots, credit card.

(EHIC cards arrived today. I was v impressed. Only ordered them on Monday evening.)
latest report
Passport + euro credit card + ticket + watch with sat nav built in. Couldn't be faffed with the 'phone this time ....... If the Pebble arrives prior to departure, I'll take that to play with.
ski holidays
My EHIC Cards took 3 days....
snow conditions
NO-ONE, I REPEAT NO-ONE, said T- shirts

Grumppp Sad

You're all losing your touch

In fact no shirts at all other than the 3 base layers I took, one of which I had worn all day Thursday

Lots of socks though
snow report
Quote:

Lots of socks though

So who cares about t-shirts Toofy Grin

Oh you said socks, sorry mis-heard
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy