Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arnold Schwarzenegger wants you to ski in California (want to see him skiing?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... but then, he is the state's Governor.

Launching the 2005-06 'California Snow Campaign' he talks enthusiastically about the local mountains: "California's incredible natural beauty, great snow, sunny skies and world-class resorts make it one of the best places in the world to ski"

Most significantly ... the California Snow Campaign is comprised of a variety of targeted marketing strategies and tactics, including a 30-second spot featuring Governor Schwarzenegger skiing ...
... and, yes, I do believe we may be able to see the great man (haven't checked this yet) in the 'director's cut' on this promotional website:
http://www.visitcaliforniasnow.com
If it works, let's hear it for Arnie's ski technique, please.

Source of this story: this Yahoo! News report.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 1-11-05 21:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think that is great if you are young..... i imaging it might not actually appeal to many middle aged people when they see a load of youngsters.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buns, I do believe I saw Glen Plake among the footage. Maybe that will appeal to the "middle aged people", since they will remember him Very Happy
As for Arnie's technique, legs a bit close together IMHO Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
that advert is shown as part of the Warren miller tour, and yes you do see quite a bit of The Terminator's stylish swing turns Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I hardly think Cali needs the publicity & they get heaps of domestic visitors - maybe its all about maximising midweek visits. Its a different kind of ski holiday as you do a lot of driving to make the most of it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I,ve seen him skiing quite a few times in Sun Valley. He is pretty damn good, his Austrian he should be Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, he's welcome to do anything, as long as he doesn't talk 'German' while he's doing it! Believe me if Calfornians spoke German, there is no way that Arnie would have got to be the Gov. No way at all. His English may not be great, but it is balm to my ears when compared to his native tongue.
On the skiing side. He's Austrian. He comes from Styria. What did you expect?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When we are happy with a resort we all do a bit Arnold Schwarzenegger saying

"I'll be back"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy