Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello Boots - really that good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and my brother are both looking for new boots at the moment and on our last trip away we had a look at some Dalbello boots. Not really seen them much around Europe but the guy in the shop was raving about them. A lot of what he said seemed to make sense but at the same time some of it definitely sounded like marketing BS that he was just repeating from a rep or something. The boot he was talking about also happened to be the most expensive one they did apart from one (which was a Dalbello touring boot). The buckle design that clamps the foot back as well as down seems sensible and if you believe the guy, the intuition liner is the best thing in the world. Are they really that much better than other boots?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
its all about fit...label afterwards.

As it happens i have some and they fit well but previously had salomons of various flavours.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, yeah i realise fit is the main thing but the guy was implying you're much more likely to get a decent fit with the 3 piece design that Dalbello uses (Full Tilt and someone else also do this but not with the fancy liner apparently).
snow report
 cran
cran
Intuition liners are supposed to be good...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought some dalbello's at the end of last season, they're my third pair of boots and the first pair that I haven't wanted to rip off my feet by lunchtime. I had become pretty despondent about finding comfortable boots but they're brilliant and I really feel my skiing's improved this season Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
el nombre wrote:
Well, yeah i realise fit is the main thing but the guy was implying you're much more likely to get a decent fit with the 3 piece design that Dalbello uses (Full Tilt and someone else also do this but not with the fancy liner apparently).

Both use intuition, and yeah It really is just the one that fits you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought a pair of Dalbellos at xmas mid-holiday in desperation to replace a pair of Technicas bought the previous season which I had had major fitting issues with (turns out they were not the right size - thanks Snow & Rock!!!).

Anyway from day 1 they have been fantastic. I absolutely love these boots, the 3 buckles work a treat at keeping my foot where it should be and warm too, always an issue for me. Not sure how the tilting footbed thing works but have noticed that I have a better 'feel' of the ski and am skiing better as a result.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On end of last season I got Dalbello Virus Tour as work boots (if I would buy them, I would go for something else, since 600+eur is way too much for AT boots). They are really great for this what I need them (slipping down the course, standing on position for hours), but that's it. If you use them for what they were made in first place (afterall they are AT boots), they are crap, and that's basically main reason why all of a sudden their main market are coaches and other working on alpine races, and not real AT skiers. As far as "normal" ski boots go, I heard more or less horror stories about their boots when they were trying to come to World cup last season. So personally, I wouldn't really go for this.
Maybe it's just me, but Intuition liners are not all that great, that this would be my main reason to pick Dalbello rather then something else.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All depends if they fit your particular foot shape. I went for a boot fitting recently and went for Head over Dalbello, because they fit me better.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm thanks Primoz, interesting to hear something from the other side. Guess I'll just go find a decent boot fitter and see what they come back with.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought a pair of the Virus model in last years after season sale but took them back to the shop (top service at Profeet) as no matter how much I wanted them to fit, they just weren't going to do it.
They are apparently known for being narrow although I'm told Dalbello will be bringing out or have just bought out a wide-foot model.

You might like to check out the Tecnica Cochise line. I think they do two standard models and the Pro which is the lightest. I stumbled on them while searching for a good cross over touring/alpine boot and
before I knew it was the proud owner of a pair of the Pros.

They feel pretty good and the weight loss over my previous 15-year-old Salomons is bliss on a stick. On my first week away in them earlier this season had the usual in and out of the bootfitters in Canazei to get them settled but
it was just the usual niggles you get with new boots. The alpine soles cost an extra 30E.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I got a pair of top end dalbellos recently. Best boot I,very ever had. Is it the boot? Maybee. But I,d also suggest it was down to expert fitting at Rivington Alpine in Chorley.

Just go to a decent bootfitter and trust them over any brand.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They used to hover in the also ran cheap end for years, now better sales team and product, tried their race boot and compared to my Atomic 140 they were as stiff as ...... which is obviously a good thing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy