Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica skis and boots- stockists disappearing

Poster: A snowHead
Can someone tell me why the big ski shops have stopped stocking Nordica ski boots? I know the UK seems to be short of suppliers of their skis, (and I have 2 pairs of their skis, and rate them very highly) but boots have always been featured in Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham, which for me are the easiest to get to for fitting. As a confirmed Nordica boot wearer coming up to thinking about a new (3rd) pair, I am keen to stick with the make I know fits my feet well, so I was hoping to see what comes up in the sales at the end of this season. It just seems like the distribution of Nordica stuff in the UK is even more limited this year. Does anyone know why?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perty, depends on their importer distributer and sales organisation they possibly don't consider UK to be a target. Perhaps everybody waited for the sales and profits fell.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Perty, on the boot front mostly because nordic a went downa 3 clip route for pretty much their entire range excluding top end, this fits some people but it is a bit love it or hate it, think you might see a few more dealers for next year as they have introduced a few more 4 clip designs back into the collection
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
UK ski shops generally stock the equipment that manufacturers give them the best deals on.

Technica (along with Nordica), are another brand that make great boots : but now hard to find in the UK. Often the distributor may want paid up front for all the stock and wont offer the smaller shops any kind of bulk discount that allows them to compete with larger stores / internet. End result it that it sadly becomes no longer practical for most UK ski stores to carry certain boot brands. Most UK shops these days will only carry 3 or 4 brands. The cost of stocking multiple sizes of a wider range of boots rapidly becomes very large!

If anyone knows a store in Scotland where I can try on some Tecnica Cochise 130 pro them please let me know!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haggis_Trap,

I got some Tecnica Cochise 110 from Snowcore in Dundee and I saw some 130's but I just can't justify a 130 Flex. I love my boots though, easily the best fit of all my boots and even comfortable enough to forget to unclip when going up the Tiger chair, which is remarkable for 2 reasons: 1. I always have to unclip my boots and 2. The bloody Tiger chair was running!

Sorry, bit of a tangent there but yeah, Snowcore in Dundee have them in stock along with Blizzard skis which you don't see every day and I am well happy with the service I got for my 110's. there number is 01382 459031.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^ Thanks - good to know!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidhammy wrote:
I saw some 130's but I just can't justify a 130 Flex

They're not just stiffer, but I believe they're built on a narrower last, too. At least, that's what the Blister Gear review suggested.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Serriadh wrote:
They're not just stiffer, but I believe they're built on a narrower last, too. At least, that's what the Blister Gear review suggested.

IIRC the 130 Pro's have a 98mm last whereas the regular Cochise are 100mm across. They also are long for their stated size so it's common to have to downsize. I stayed with a 26 (310mm BSL) but that size in my Atomics give me a snug 10mm shell gap & in the Cochise 120's it's 15/16mm. The Cochise's BSL is only 3mm longer than my Atomics bit it looks like the extra internal lenght comes from the deep heel pocket. I was happy with the extra length to ensure I don't bash my toes when the boots are set to apres boogie mode Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Perty,

I was in Leamington Spa a couple of weeks ago visiting my daughter who is at uni. I took the opportunity to pop in to Lockwoods, the ski shop. A great place.

I remember seeing some Nordica speedmachines there (don't remember which model exactly). Not sure where you are located - so this may not be good for you.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zellmaniac, I have the Speedmachine 14 boots................... lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND................ Speedmachine Mach 2 Power skis (178cms)....... great piste ski.

My humble opinion.......................... decent 102mm last for the boots, excellent stiffness/edge for the skis. Skied the Dobermann Spitfires also.......... precise Piste skis, the Mach 2's are better all-round piste skis.

Everyone else......................... go buy Sally/Atomics.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haggis_Trap, Nothing to do with pricing of the boots, I bought into nordica's range 2 seasons ago when they changed the speed machine to the firearrow... I still have some of the boots left as they messed up on the liners making them feel no where near as good as the competition... Personally really liked the idea of the boot being a 3 piece though... although looks like they have moved away from this now.

Still stock the skis and think they are brilliant! Infact I own a pair.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimastaaah,

I have speedmachine boots too. Took me some time to get used to them, they hurt for a while, but love 'em now.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zellmaniac, +1 without the love yet, best I can get to is a 'tolerence tinged with the memory of pain and some gratitude that it's no longer there'. I got mine at ProFoot near the tail end of the Kings Road in London. I got a pair of FireArrows from Snow and Rock in Covent Garden lase season and there were a number of other places that sold them at the time so I didn't experience any major sourcing issues ....?

I've got the standard 'left foot half a size bigger than the right' + a bit of a bonus and slightly wider than norm. feet. Nordica's work the best for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zellmaniac, I got them custom fitted and my wide feet have plenty of room, only prob is they can get a tad cold if I crank up the top two buckles when really wanting to let rip. Otherwise a really spot-on ski boot.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Perty, Glide and Slide still stock Nordica boots.
snow report
We still stock Nordica, but it's getting herder each year. This year we've got boots from them that are 9 years old/25 years old technology.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy