Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suitable hire skis for a progressing intermediate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd appreciate suggestions for hiring skis for an upcoming trip. I'd like something that is good for learning on, short turns, carving etc. I'm 6,2" and 85kg in case that's relevant.

I was looking at skis from the place listed below and like the look of the Scott Aztecs and the Atomic D2 VF 75. These skis fall under their gold package so cost a bit more to hire. Would it be better just getting the cheapest possible? Is there a 'go to' ski that instructors would recommend?

http://www.allmountainrental.com/browserSkis.htm

Cheers, Dean
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Recently used Rossignol Experience 83's on recommendation of a mate who had tried them, let me get away with anything on piste and in bumps!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
justatheory, the Atomics look nice for you, as do the Aztecs. I will say that knowing the owner, I would expect all his skis to be in tip top shape and it's unlikely you'll not like them. You will almost certainly be able to change if you like,

Disclaimer: I have no connection!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name Cheers, that's very reassuring. The last skis I hired when I was away looked about 10 years old and were a bit battered.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I rented the K2 Rictors in the US this January and found them very good to use on groomed trails, in bumps (Winter Park: lots of bumps) and in trees. Held a good edge and agile underfoot, so no problems for short turns. No powder to speak of, so I can't comment on how they'd handle this, but my guess is they'd behave well. You can drive these skis pretty hard. - I got a half price deal on ski rental, so the price wasn't so much of an issue!

I was on the 167s, but I'm smaller than you are (5'7" and 66kg).

To be honest, I doubt that there's a bad ski in this collection.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy