Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TV : Ski Patrol Blue Mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recorded a TV series off the Extreme channel from a few weeks back, just watched it this week, "Ski Patrol" from Blue Mountain, Pennsylvania.

Background info here http://www.trutv.com/shows/ski_patrol/index.html

It's put me off skiing in USA. It's seems you either wipe out on seemingly easy slopes and break something or get told off by one of the hundreds of ski patrol for going faster than they deem safe or get kicked off the hill for drinking! The programme seems to focus on "out of control", "speeding" skiers in slow zones, being told off or getting speeding tickets from ski patrol. Having skied mainly in Europe this seems pretty strange. I do think slow zones at critical areas are a good idea and maybe in Europe ski patrol could show some presence (in austria they are invisible if they even exist) but this TV show gives the impression every other skier / boarder gets pulled up.

Lots of focus on accidents and injuries, seems to be an awful lot, hard to tell how representative the number of accidents are given it's an entrainment programme. The ski slopes do look busy with lots of kids with a pretty even split between boarders and skiers. Most accidents seemed to be boarders and the odd snowblader. I think at some point it said there was 180 ski patrol staff, that's seems like a lot for a hill with 12 lifts and 39 trails.

I was curious to see a good number of the ski patrol were on snowboards. I would have thought being a patroller on a board would hinder your movement on the mountain to some degree, thinking flat areas, moving uphill, accessing off trail areas, managing a blood wagon.

Drinking! No drinking on the hill dude, what so ever. With older age I do think being legless whilst out skiing is not such a great idea but banning it totally! Would be an eye opener for these ski patrol people to come to Europe.

It didn't appear to snow much, the lifts looked painfully old and slow and way too many people. Glad it's not my local hill.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just makes good tv. You don't see many 'good driving' progs do you - it's all crash bang wallop stuff!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, A lot of these older hills in the North East are existing on their last legs and USA public drinking rules can be incredibly arcane. There are still plenty of towns where on Sunday you can drink in restaurants on one side of a street and not on the other.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy