Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

reflective goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

I'm a student. It speaks for itself and obviously as a result of the student lifestyle, I have no money. I've got some cheap and nasty, but not too bad otg Bloc goggles which have orange lenses in them. I also crave goggles with the reflective lenses on which make you look totally badass, but can't seem to find any decent otg ones annnywhere for a student price tag (around 5 pounds if I'm totally honest.)

But I've got a money savvy solution, but need some knowledge! I'm thinking of purchasing some reflective and sticky see through vinyl which I can stick to my current goggles, and neatly follow the rim of the current lens to make a profesh looking pair of goggles.

Has anyone tried this, heard of anyone having any success, and, crucially, does anyone know where I can get some of this stuff? (cos it must exist somewhere).

Cheers for reading this far and not thinking I'm a total tit.

much love, Phil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Reflective-Solar-Control-Privacy/dp/B002QEVFFC?tag=amz07b-21

I can't promise it will make you look totally or even partially badass. Or even promise that it will be any good at all. Some useful magic words to search for, however.

Philipski wrote:
Cheers for reading this far and not thinking I'm a total booby.

I'm reserving judgement til you've tried out your plan and supplied a photo.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeass! Cheers buddy. I've got some cheapo stuff on order from the bay of e. Pictures to follow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If the lens in your goggles is flat, it should be no problem to cover it. But if it's curved, you may have issues with creasing. Also, the plastic film may add some interesting optical effects.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Could you stretch to £20? These came up when I typed in OTG, but I'm not sure they are..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rayzor-Professional-SnowBoard-Camouflage-Anti-Glare/dp/B002MTAHGO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3?tag=amz07b-21

I suspect sticking film to your own goggles will look .. well .. a bit sh*t.

Or how about these for just £14.99? They look kind of 'badass' ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Global-Vision-Snowboarding-Shatterproof-Complete/dp/B0030IPNCO/ref=sr_1_5?tag=amz07b-21&s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1361834882&sr=1-5

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 26-02-13 0:31; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
These are much more reflective than they appear, and much better than the price tag suggests http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nevica-Pro-Ski-Goggles-Mens/dp/B009X5G63S?tag=amz07b-21

Good for skiing in sunshine, but I wouldn't go for them in flat light, I'd go for a much more yellow or orange lens that is much less tinted than these.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I suspect sticking film to your own goggles will look .. well .. a bit sh*t.

and even worse after you've found it doesn't work and you've tried to pull it off.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm pretty sure this with film would work without problems... at least as far as look is question. I'm not sure if you are interested at all about other things, that this solution brings... like distortion, god know what kind of color will come out when combining colored lens and also colored film, probably way too dark goggles, since these sort of films reduce light transmission for quite a lot etc. If none of these things bother you, I'm pretty sure this would work, since putting film on more or less flat lens (and huge majority of ski goggle lenses are flat) is no big deal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Birdz do a range of OTG goggles which have reflective coatings, you can find them on line, but they cost around £27
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well maybe buy a £2.99 pair of ordinary goggles for when you are actually skiing, and keep the newly reflective ones for when you're on the terrace with a beer and don't need to be able to see?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Well maybe buy a £2.99 pair of ordinary goggles for when you are actually skiing, and keep the newly reflective ones for when you're on the terrace with a beer and don't need to be able to see?

Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Philipski,

And welcome to snowHeads - you've found your spiritual home.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could make a tin foil overlay for when you're chilling on the terrace in bad ass mode.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have you thought about just buying some metallic paint and taping off the frame, and giving it some across the lenses of a cheap pair? You won't be able to see, but you will look the dogs from a distance.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you're a student you'll have a load of old beer cans around. Cut off the ends, slice and to ends and flatten out into sheet. Cut out the required shape and fit to frames. They'll be reversible, one side reflective metallic look and the other will say "Dutch Gold" and will make you look like a pro.
snow report
ebay
£10, UVA and UVB protective

You had trouble with that, really?
What are you studying??
Why???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy