Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRANSFER from Geneva to Tignes - late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping to squeeze in a late long weekend of skiing in Tignes from 25 to 29 April.

Having found accommodation and flights, I've got stuck with the transfers - all the buses seem to stop the week before and the only option seems to be a private transfer at €150 per person each way 😳.

Can anyone recommend any other reasonable options?

Thank you!
ski holidays
 cran
cran
Go to a Swiss resort and get the train from Geneva?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MissWiggy, Try Mountainsun, they'll take people not staying with them on their transfers if they have room.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used Ben's Buses in Janurary when i did a DIY job to La Plagne, i think its about £55

Edit: Just looked, they do transfers to tignes £74 return.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all.

Cran - Im not sure that any of the high Swiss resorts are open that late - Zermatt closes on 21 April (I've been told) - please correct me if Im wrong!

Russeh - Bens buses don't run that late in April unfortunately Sad

Claude B - thank you - will get in touch.

Thank you all! Would be a shame to fall at the last hurdle...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can get the train to Bourg, then a local bus from there. Slow, but fairly cheap.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or just rent a car...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MissWiggy, yeah i noticed after posting doh! best of luck anyway
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes I thought about that, but I'd be pretty nervous about driving in the snow so trying to look for alternative options.

Thank you!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MissWiggy, It's pretty unlikely you'll have to drive in snow then (although in the mountains who knows).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's my dilemma - it's VERY late in the season so may be absolutely fine, but if we did hit any snow, I think I'd be pretty uncomfortable with that (snow chains etc).

Aaaghhh 😁
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You will be fine driving! I did a season up in Vallandry two years ago, took my car did loads of driving all over the Alps and didn't use my chains once. Of course it can snow at that time of year still but the chances of having any problems are tiny! The roads are cleared pretty quickly if it does snow and if you get a car from the swiss side of Geneva airport you'll have snow tyres. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MissWiggy, lots of companies offer last minute shared transfers. Have a look on http://www.findtransfers.com/shared_transfers.asp If you post your details then local transfer companies can email you if anything comes up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy