Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carolina Ruiz Castillo

Poster: A snowHead
She looked so elated (with no little disbelief, too) at winning the DH in Meribel on Saturday.

Definitely a bit of a shock result, but warming.

Well done Carolina Cool especially given how many times it's been mentioned how she never seems to take race training performance into the race itself.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not worth me watchingiPlayer tonight when the mrs finishes with coronation street then...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it was brilliant to watch. Biggest shock I have seen all season apart from the American who won one of the mens races earlier in the season. Rieschs face also was worth seeing. She was not happy !!! Wasn't that Spains first world cup win for over 40 years or something?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might be in speed, since María Jose Rienda Contreras was winning few GS races, some 8-10 years ago.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
primoz wrote:
Might be in speed, since María Jose Rienda Contreras was winning few GS races, some 8-10 years ago.

yes I just read that it was Spains first ever downhill victory for both men & women
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmybog wrote:
Yes it was brilliant to watch. Biggest shock I have seen all season apart from the American who won one of the mens races earlier in the season. Rieschs face also was worth seeing. She was not happy !!! Wasn't that Spains first world cup win for over 40 years or something?

Marco Sullivan possibly? Though I thought he "just" had a podium, not actually won.

Agree, Reisch's face was definitely a tad on the sour side - understandable, she must have thought that was in the bag.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chasseur wrote:
jimmybog wrote:

Marco Sullivan possibly? Though I thought he "just" had a podium, not actually won.

Agree, Reisch's face was definitely a tad on the sour side - understandable, she must have thought that was in the bag.

No it was Steve Nyman who won the Val Gardena downhill. This was the race that had bad visibility for a lot of racers but then conditions improved and some of the later starters finished in high positions such as the Dutchman Marvin Van Heek who finished 8th
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Val Gardena was everything but fair race Wink Conditions changed dramatically after top 25-30 went down. Most of top 10 guys were with numbers above 30. This one in Meribel was more or less fair race, so it really shouldn't be compared to Gardena DH.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and a british coach as well... Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have seen Carolina go really well for half a race then either, fitness, line or ski prep let her down, this time she and bullet Salomons all got it together fabulous result.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
iskar, Yes Mr mark Tilston ex GB team head coach. Seems to be a very good speed coach. He got Findlay Mickel into the world top 25 and also was Chemmy's coach for a while.
Great result for Carolina, no fluke, just nailed that run. Mind you, Mark knows that course like the back of his hand as the British Champs Downhill has been on the exact same course for the past 10 years and will be again this year, so that would have helped her preparations. Not many of the others would have skied it before the training runs.

jimmybog, Marvin had a great result in Val G, he really benefitted from the much better conditions for the later runners. He is actually French though. French Mum & Dad, born in France, trains with the French & only speaks french! He skis for the Netherlands as his Grand-father was Dutch. His Grand-mother was actually English so he could have chose the British team?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plugboy,

No-one will ever chose the british team, that's a reality of setting such high barriers to skiing world champs and olympics etc. There must be plenty of potential brits skiing elsewhere (and arguably these could well be the ones to bring in future medals), but why would they ever chose to ski for britain?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gryphea, A friends son chose to ski moguls for France (started on plastic)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gryphea, People used to choose to race for Britain, there have been plenty during the time that I have been skiing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs, One can race in F1 if you have the cash and that is the problem cash if you have ability there isn't any in skiing
snow conditions
rjs,

Yes, but that was back in the day when the british barriers to enter the world champs etc weren't more stringent than other nations or the event itself. They used to choose to give themselves more chances of world cup/world champs/olympic entries as they could use the quota/allocated places. As britain chooses to impose higher selection policies than the organising events why would anyone in their right mind choose to race for britain when faced witha choice?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy