Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of booking UCPA Les Deux Alpes for the w/c 6 April. It is said to be 100m from the ski area but I am just wondering how feasible it is to ski back to the UCPA for lunch every day (as is possible in UCPA Flaine) - I am trying to save money and their lunches are great!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can't ski back to UCPA in LDA, stayed near here a couple of years ago - it's a couple of minutes walk round the corner from the Diable chairlift that you can download on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the black and the new red are still open then you'll be able to ski down to the bottom of the diable lift instead. Or if you're at the other end you can ski down the Valentin black (which will almost certainly be open) and across.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for letting me know. Did you like the UCPA in LDA? Is the crowd the usual mix of people mostly in their thirties? I am leaning towards it purely for the shorter transfer time from the airport and if I did the Grand Ski course I can do a day in Alpe d'Huez which would be interesting.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Itrav, I've not been, I just know the resort well. I'll be there just before you, leaving on 6th.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are two UCPAs in 2Alpes, one behind the Place de Venosc and the other near the Point I at the other end of town. Neither is ski in/ski out.

What do you want lunch for anyway? Eat a load of breakfast and ski all day.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going on the 6th April with ucpa. Can't wait.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sn00boarder, I will no doubt see you there. I won't be arriving until the evening of the 7th as can't get out before Sunday. By the way, I will need a transfer back to Grenoble airport on Sat 13th. There is the Bens Bus option but it would mean leaving LDA at 7am which is too early for a 14:40 flight. Don't suppose you have an alternative later transfer arranged?

K
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*What do you want lunch for anyway? Eat a load of breakfast and ski all day*

Not massively helpful!

If the L2A is like the other UCPA centres you will make a packed lunch at breakfast if your group is not planning on coming back to the centre for lunch. In ValT we went back every day, Serre Che we went back 3 days and took a picnic 3 days. Picnic fine although obvs not as much as the hot lunch! Bread, ham, cheese, salad, rice type thing, crisps, fruit, chocolate , sweets were all on offer to take with you.

The instructors are not usually keen to skip lunch
wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Itrav,

My transfer were bought direct from action-outdoors (was only £45), My flight back to London is at 17:00, so i would assume that I'd leave around 1:30-2'ish.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy