Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier, where to drink and eat, any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Having bought the lift pass, ouch, am now looking for reasonably priced drinking and eating establishments and knowing how my fellow snowHead like a cheap beer I'm expecting to be inundated with recommendations
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great lunchtime BBQ tent thingy at end of Vallon D'Arby where it meets the piste......otherwise no ideas, always find Verbier v pricy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
radar,

Cheap + Verbier?

Incoming reality check
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good food here, and not particularly pricy by Verbier standards:
http://www.verbinet.com/food/restaurants/restaurant-le-carrefour.html

Chez Dany is legendary for a blow-out lunch, but not cheap.

I'd be wanting to try the new English-owned place, La Vache - supposedly not expensive, burgers and stuff.

My favourite 'downmarket' lunch is the chili served in hollowed-out loaves in the mountain hut at Bruson - which is a lovely, uncrowded area to ski.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
radar, +1 under a new name, If you ski Verbier don't expect cheap. Mont Fort meal deals inc beer aftewards are the "cheapest" I've seen this year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jivebaby, under a new name, irony

How about good value instead.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In terms of value for money...

Pub Mont Fort for good burgers
Offshore cafe for very decent priced food in general, with free wifi, and great baguettes/paninis in the morning, right beside Medran lift station http://offshorecafe.com/fr/coffee-bar.html - massively popular though, get there early at lunch time to beat queues
For dinner, awesome grill house with all you can eat salad bar called El Toro-Negro http://www.lemillenium.ch/toro-black/ - just make sure you ask for the grill house when you book, not the main restaurant. The grilled duck was superb.

For apres I liked Le Rouge http://www.lerouge-verbier.com/home.php, and Big Ben pub near Medran - both cheaper than drinking in Geneva!

Note: I live in Geneva, so probably more tolerant of Verbier prices than others...

Edit: lol at profanity filter for "Negro" - fixed the text, link still works behind it Smile

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 24-02-13 12:37; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, have La vache on the list thanks for the others, any recommendations for a beer and van show at the end of the day?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The place with the VW beetle in is good - Upside Down, or something like that. Is that still there? Great for Breakfast
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
radar, La Vache? More irony or are you filming the alpine edition of "secret millionaire?" From your pevious postes their charge for parking your skis will clean you out Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
radar, Le feu a cheval is good. red 27, The place with the Beetle is Offshore.....great sandwiches. Had a really good lunch at La Vache.....but nowhere is particularly cheap.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't go to Carlsberg bar for food, worst service I've ever had in the mountains for food, and mega bucks!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jivebaby, its looking that way! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
radar wrote:
Jivebaby, its looking that way! Very Happy
in response to the secret millionaire question.

Charge for parking my ski's!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
radar, sorry, don't do beer, so must leave apres recommendations to others.
snow conditions
red 27, That's The Offshore.

Swissie, I like the Fer et Cheval too wink
snow conditions
Swissie, Mosha Marc, oh yes - silly me. I seem to have a mental blank about the name of that place.

radar, The bar of the Nevai is nice for a relaxed pre-dinner drink - not too expensive, and the cafe in the Kings Parc is also nice, with a classy feel.

Farinet apres is disgusting - you may or may not like that.
snow report
They do often have a live band in Farinet which is sometimes not too bad.
snow conditions
Farinet is ok...if you are in the right mood...but hey its not cheap.
snow report
fixx, I live in London, not the cheapest place either ! Especially in town
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy