Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Possible first descent off the Glacier Rond

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have finally got round to writing up a report for a line that Dave, Tim and I skied last spring. We think that it was a first descent but are not sure. We cant find a record of it having been skied before, but that doesnt mean that it hasnt.

The Heart of the Rond which gets some descents each year drops down in front of us here. We took the red dotted line that someone had left out for us to follow instead.

After a short and relatively easy scramble along this ridge...

...we found good snow at the top of the face.

Dave runs with some slough in the middle section of the face.

I think at this point Tim's minidisk kicked into a MC Hammer track and this is what happened.

Setting up an abseil on a snow bollard that ripped through.

There are a few more pics here

Phil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phil,

As usual stunning photos. Especially enjoyable for those who can't do it.

If you have a kid, take him to the top and say "Son, one day all these will be yours!"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Phil - I'm getting all inspired now snowHead

Must just remember that I can't actually ski well before attempting things like that Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always a pleasure to view these threads from Phil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philingle, Cheers Phil, Awe inspiring as usual.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee wrote:
If you have a kid, take him to the top and say "Son, one day all these will be yours!"

Funny you should mention that. I have just become a father, but I am not sure Emma will be happy about me getting Oliver into this sort of skiing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philingle, some impressive MTB photos on your web site too. Respect. Oh and Oliver's cute too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philingle, fantastic pics snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
philingle, congratulations!

On first read I thought Oliver was a ski-ing companion and was wondering whether kuwait_ian, had 'changed sides' wink

You do realise that the red dotted line was an administrative boundary, rather than a route? wink snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ian Hopkinson wrote:

You do realise that the red dotted line was an administrative boundary, rather than a route? wink snowHead

And Ken Livingstone is looking for £8 each for going in there wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy