Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Passes for Beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking three adult beginners to Meribel and I'm wondering about lift passes. They are considering having a smaller number of private lessons rather than 5 days group lessons as they don't want to ski every day. The ESF website suggests a Meribel Valley pass but I recall that the beginners area has free lifts.

Does anyone have recent experience who can advise what's required especially for the first half day?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tarrantd, Virtually all areas have free lifts in the beginners area, some serve quite a big chunk of piste like Tignes VAl Claret . . . but that's steep and very busy at the bottom. If they are going for lessons then the school will expect them to have the local area pass so that the instructor can take them to a quiet area away from the main traffic.

If you just want to warm up your legs for an hour or two on the first day then the free lifts are ideal.

http://www.merinet.com/lifts/ski/options.html
http://www.meribel-unplugged.co.uk/meribel_lift_pass.htm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
they don't want to ski every day
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Whilst there are often one or two free lifts you wouldn't expect to be on them for long if they are taking lessons. Yes, perhaps on a first half day if they have done some lessons at home before.

Personally I would steer them to taking a whole weeks lessons with an independent ski school.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Personally I would steer them to taking a whole weeks lessons with an independent ski school.

+1 One of the schools with small (6 or under) groups. Only a couple of hours a day!

Many resorts have "points passes" for beginners, which are worthwhile when one long chairlift will keep you going for ages. Don't know about Meribel.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The last time I was in Mottaret with beginners the ESF wanted to get them to Coucheval ASAP. I was sure that was just so you had to buy a 3V pass though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy