Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes 1850 - views please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody stayed in 1850 in April before, is it a pain to get up to the white stuff
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bostin1978, You mean les Brevieres? Not usually although it takes quite a long time to get to say val Claret

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 21-02-13 23:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cynic, Tignes 1850 is Les Boisses. Les Brev is further down at 1550m.

To answer bostin1978, it entirely depends on when in April, but 1850m is still a decent elevation.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dav, an education I've been to Tignes 40 weeks never bothered to note the heights.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic, I'm rather nerd-like in remembering resort elevations Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dav, Stated or actual elevations?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Boisses the village at the same level as the dam has now been renamed Tignes 1800 - there is no Tignes 1850 - Val D'I is at 1850. As to bostin1978, 's original Q. You will have no bother getting to the white stuff as Boisses has an 8 man gondola which whisks you up to the Marais plateau at 2100m (you can also download if its a bit slushy on the way home) from where you have 2 choices of chair to get you to the 'Eye' or Le Lac 2100m. For the record the heights are pretty accurate (from IGN).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just to add a little to what chocksaway, says, I have stayed in Boisses three times in the last five years or so. Since they rerouted the main road up to Le Lac, upper Boisses is now effectively made up of a cul de sac with a bus stop at the end. The free bus runs regularly up to le Lac through the day and every half hour till midnight in the evening. At the bus stop you can jump on to a piste that will take you down to the Boisses bubble or you can carry on down to Brevieres to get the Sache bubble. Both will take you to pretty much the same place where you can connect to the Marais or the Aiguille Rouge chair. The Marais chair is one of the longest and slowest that I know but it takes you to the Aiguille Percee from where you can go down the Sache black run back to Brev, to the Merles lift that allows you to ski down to Val Claret or just down to Le Lac. From Aiguille Rouge you can ski down to le Lac via blue or red runs.

Coming back, you can take the Chaudannes chair out of le Lac and ski on-piste back to the bus stop or if you are a little bit adventurous you can drop off the piste to ski directly to the back doors of some of the chalets.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy