Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ABS Dry Fire... Thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

I'm out skiing in the States at the moment and am afraid my Mrs has accidentally dry fired my ABS bag without the canister attached. I am in Denver at the moment and have spoken with a company called Snowbigdeal (online company) who have said they can send me a replacement trigger out to Jackson Hole for $20 but on their site it says it states the following:

Note: If you have accidentally "dry fired" your pack (activated the trigger without a full canister in the pack), we highly recommend performing a test fire of the system, to ensure that everything is still working properly. A dry fire may have the potential of damaging some of the system components, so a test fire is recommended if a dry fire has occurred.

I have since spoken with a guy there who told me that this is incredibly rare and that he has never heard of it ever happening. He told me to check the pin and if it was damaged it would be bent. The pin is fine. I just want to gauge some opinion from you guys on here. Shall I just order the trigger replacement? The canister is absolutely fine as it was not connected.

I have a friend flying out here in a few days that could possibly bring out a sure with him if this would be easier.

What's your thoughts guys?

Cheers

Ryan
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not get in touch with the manufacturers? I am sure that if you email them they will give you sensible advice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure it'll be fine, a friend of mine dd the same 3 weeks ago and his was ok, but for 20$ I'd just get a replacement trigger.

Enjoy yourself......... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys, I have sent an email
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy