Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First pair of skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been skiing for years and go at least once a year. I have my own ski boots and have now decided it would be a good time to get a pair of skis. I consider myself a pretty good skier, i ski on all runs. I am 5 foot 10 tall and weigh about 11 stone (i fluctuate a lot). I came across the head series, especially the rev 85 pro, just wondered if this was a good ski. At the moment i ski predominately on piste i do the odd off piste/soft snow, as in going from the piste not trekking up a mountain to powder.(if that makes senesce) I am looking to doing a bit more off piste. So is this ski good for that, and what lengths should i look at? Also would it carve well as well or does the all mountain been it compromises that side of things, as it is wider to what i would normally ski on.

Thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tzread,

Next time you go skiing, demo some skis. - I don't really think you can telll what will work from you without actually skiing on them.

Last time you went skiing, what did you rent? How did they feel?. Do you want something similar?

Generally speaking, there aren't really any bad skis out there, but there are a lot of different skis. Try before you buy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To be honest i can't remember what i rented i think some elan skis, i usually don't pay much notice just go for the "bog standard" skis. They were ok, i noticed that they slipped sometimes i.e.. didn't have that much of a grip, and if i did go through soft snow or powder they weren't that good and sometimes got stuck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
172 ish, all mountain skis. 80mm waist?

they will almost certainly be cheaper from the end of season i.e. April onwards.

it may not be worth your while buying, depending on how you travel - Swiss/Lufthansa/car/train = nil, most charter flights = £35; everybody else usually = £50 - £100 ; +servicing + you have to carry them. Don't forget the poles and a bag.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tzread, Years ago I had 5 pairs of skis running on swap bindings systems but still never the right or the most innovative. I decided to sell up and rent, it was the best decision I've made, for some time no humping skis and I had the latest models. I would rent until you fall in love with something and try lots of models and brands. As for me I cannot resist a bargain and have at least 5 skis for different purposes but am still looking.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy