Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Resort: Montgenevre

Domain: Via Lattea

Author: Me

Date: February 2013

Our holiday: 9 of us, first trip abroad with the kids. Used Ski Etoile - I can recommend them - well organised and very friendly. Gerry on hand every day to ensure that everything was going smoothly.

Basics : Modest size family orientated resort, but linked to the Via Lattea.

Accommodation: Self-Catering at Chalet St Bernard - 5 mins walk from the lifts and 4 mins from the bread shop. Slightly dated interior and could do with a thorough clean, but it was available and at a good price. Great views from the living room and balcony.

Lift system : A little dated, some less quick but enough to cope the the demand, no real queues.

The terrain : Family orientated, the pistes are graded quite conservatively with reds/blacks of Chalvet more like they should be. Good long easy greens for beginners/children.

The snow : Excellent, fresh snow fell on the Monday whilst we were there.

Off-piste : Some very nice little runs through the trees and from the Rocher d'Agile, probably more if we knew where to look.

The resort : Fairly small, so not too far for anything.

Ski Hire: Freeride - great service from Arnaud. Loved my Rosingol S80's.

Lessons: A-peak, great private lesson from Mich - really knows his stuff and a good coach. Kids enjoyed their group lessons, instructors were nice but they struggled a little bit with the instructors english, and the mixed english/french group (they are quite young kids 4-6 yo). Would book again with them.

Food: Not that much on the hill, apparently better down in Claviere, but I didn't make it down there with the kids. A range of stuff in the village including some good eating at Refuge and Jamy.

Costs: Not too bad compared to some resorts, but it's the Alps, so not cheap.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 22-02-13 18:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks; out there 16th March Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy