Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who or what really irritate you on the mountain?

Poster: A snowHead
Megamum, I'm not German wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia wrote:
1. Braying Brits who moan about everything... Toofy Grin
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque wrote:
laundryman, there was me thinking you were a Septic wink

Might as well be at the moment!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slightly annoying:
People who stop in the way of lifts, in the middle of slopes, below the brow of a hill or at the top of a steep bit looking over considering starting off and generally getting in the way.
Ski school snakes.
People who don't look before setting off.
Smokers on a chair with me.

Really annoying:
Being in the UK at work when there is lovely winter snow out there!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
People who use the word "pow"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman wrote:
Anyone who makes me ashamed to be British.

+1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
People who barge in front of me in lift queues but when the barrier opens, don't get on the bl&&dy thing as their mates haven't caught up with them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
enfilade wrote:
People who use the word "pow"

argh yes, i'm with you on this one rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dudes, if I'm riding switch in the pow, and have just stomped a 1080 mute grab fakie nothing matters so chill. rolling eyes

NehNeh
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
over inflated egos irritate me to hell Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dudes with tongue studs who say "I'm really thtoked"
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Dudes with tongue studs who say "I'm really thtoked"

I think they mean 'choked'.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Dudes, if I'm riding switch in the pow, and have just stomped a 1080 mute grab fakie nothing matters so chill.

Quod erat demonstrandum
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't like people who can't decide what ski to buy and have to ask the same question a million times "is the volkl mantra a good ski".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Edit to say this is more a list of pet peeves and not things that make my blood boil:

• Anyone clicking their ski poles together at people slower than them expecting them to move out of their way.
  • People who drop in after the guide outside the arranged/discussed order, especially when one person is already setting off.
  • Punters 'joining' guided groups then expecting the guide to answer all their questions and show them a safe way down the mountain.
  • Skiers or boarders (usually without any kit) traversing above you on avi-prone slopes.
  • People who trample all over my skis in the lift queue (plus maggi's bargers/waiters - get out of the way and stand at the side of the queue if you're waiting for people!)
  • People traversing across the zip line in mogul fields way above their ability.
  • Skiers/boarders doing blind jumps, usually from just off the piste back onto the piste.
  • Radio 4 tucks.
  • Guides lacking the basic safety equipment.
  • Group faff, and the inevitable half an hour wait for the person who's forgotten something or just popped off to sort something else out and is only going to be five minutes, who then turns up and states that another person is coming with us who again is only going to be five minutes...

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 22-02-13 12:39; edited 3 times in total
latest report
Quote:

Radio 4 tucks.

Sideshow_Bob, ?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, they're sorry they havn't a clue?
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, you must be a barrel of laughs on the mountain.
ski holidays
People who ski in onezies - especially of the scoobydoo variety

People in 60-70's faded skiwear especially one piece suits

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 22-02-13 14:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Powderseeker wrote:
People who ski in onezies especillak of the scoot soo variety

People in 60-70's faded skiwear especially one piece suits

Especially if work 'ironically'
latest report
Dutchmen who believe they are Tiroleans.
snow report
Zero-G wrote:

And you're a regular comedian, sounds like we'll get on like a house on fire.
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob,

From my VERY limited ability/experience I agree with all of what you say except.....
Quote:

Anyone clicking their ski poles together at people slower than them expecting them to move out of their way.

To be honest, I often do this on narrow flattish runs and particularly when overtaking children. Not because I am suggesting anyone should get out of my way, just because I am gradually overtaking them and it seems a courtesy and a sensible safety precaution to let them know I am there.

Quote:

People traversing across the zip line in mogul fields way above their ability.
Well, I think we've all been there at some stage when we find ourselves doing runs which are unexpectedly mogulled. Now that moguls are a rarity there is less excuse, but otherwise I think anyone is free to tackle any run they like in any way they want as long as it doesn't pose a danger (rather than an irritation) to anyone else.
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, god no, I have no sense of humour whatsoever!
snow conditions
Quote:

Dutchmen who believe they are Tiroleans.

Arguably, not as half as bad as Brits who believe they are Americans. See 'dude' comment in OP.
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Sideshow_Bob,
Quote:

People traversing across the zip line in mogul fields way above their ability.
Well, I think we've all been there at some stage when we find ourselves doing runs which are unexpectedly mogulled. Now that moguls are a rarity there is less excuse, but otherwise I think anyone is free to tackle any run they like in any way they want as long as it doesn't pose a danger (rather than an irritation) to anyone else.

Exactly. The tough runs are not reserved for expert skiers. Everyone has to start somewhere and no one will improve if they don't try to ski the tougher runs (within reason of course).
latest report
Quote:

Quote:
Radio 4 tucks.

Sideshow_Bob, ?

Standared British holiday maker race tuck where everything is wrong and their poles are pointing skywards in an attempt to pick up Radio 4/ Radio Moscow etc
snow report
foxtrotzulu, on the poles thing unfortunately others (usually French park rats) do it in a very aggressive way. There's a difference between doing it once or twice as a 'be aware I'm here' and hammering poles together for five or so seconds in a 'get out of my way' style. Usually when overtaking kids etc you should ideally give a wide enough berth to not hit them if they turn or fall unexpectedly but I appreciate it's difficult to be 100% sure of this gap on narrow tracks.

On the moguls, I'm not suggesting people who do this are doing anything wrong or dangerous, more it's something that anyone skiing (or at least trying to ski!) the zip line has to be aware of along with all the rest of the things to think about while trying to ski moguls well. Some mogul fields are difficult to ski due to the sheer number of people on them (Swiss wall, Tunnel in ADH are two examples!). Not the fault of the beginner skier, rather the failing of the other skier to anticipate Smile

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 22-02-13 12:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

and not things that make my blood boil

I'd hate to see that list... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I think the moment may be approaching when I need to start a 'things I really love about skiing' thread. Getting worried about the collective blood pressure on this forum!
snow report
No disrespect to Germans.....but queuing for the lifts, they have no concept of queuing....coming through...very similar to their road manners....
latest report
I was about to get on the chair this week with two friends when a family barged in from the side, cut me off and then stood there blocking as there were only two free chairs and there were three of them. I have never retaliated before but this time I just had to ski across all of their skis and jump into the spare gap next to my mates.
snow report
Cynic wrote:
But really knowing that red bull are always running high fuel and that Vettel will have another walk over until the 2014 season when the basic chassis and engine configuration changes: irittates me most

My hunch is Alonso
snow report
All the middle eastern bladers that seem to be about in the 3V's this season!
snow report
People smoking on the balcony below filling my apartment with smoke, and being refrained from accidentally spilling water over the balcony! Ski schools who sit in the middle of the piste (I'm terrified I won't manage to avoid them).
snow report
Zero-G wrote:

I've skiied with this illustrious gentleman and I can say that he definitely made me laugh Very Happy
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
I was about to get on the chair this week with two friends when a family barged in from the side, cut me off and then stood there blocking as there were only two free chairs and there were three of them. I have never retaliated before but this time I just had to ski across all of their skis and jump into the spare gap next to my mates.

well if you will ski in the same area as the Essex Mega family Toofy Grin
ski holidays
In 25 years of ski trips, I've never noticed anyone banging their poles together behind me. This means I'm either ignorant, deaf, super fast .. or not in the way.

Not much annoys me, but mostly people being ignorant or reckless. I don't like it when people ski too fast, too close to me and have no awareness of what's going on around them!
snow conditions
Nixtoo wrote:
People smoking on the balcony below filling my apartment with smoke, and being refrained from accidentally spilling water over the balcony!

Puzzled
latest report
people who drop a turd on your balcony Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy