Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VOKL RTM 80 vs Head Rev 80 pro vs Salomon Enduro XT 800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads, first time poster here looking to get some advice on some new ski's.

I currently own a pair of Dynastar Contact 9's but these make it very tough as soon as i leave a groomed run (67 underfoot) so have been looking for more of an 80mm all mountain ski, after a little bit of research (mainly what's available in snow and rock, ha) i have come down to these 3.

My question really is, does one of these stand out above the others? Is one of the these a complete avoid at all costs? Is there something better than these 3 that i have yet to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help/opinions Smile

James.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[color=darkred][/color]

I would love to know if you had any advice on this, I have been looking at all three of these skis and cant decide. I have watched quite a few You Tube vids and read about these. They all seem to score quite highly and get good reviews. I am thinking of buying this Sunday so time is running out for me!! At the moment I think I am leaning towards the Head Rev 80's......but then again the Salomon get great reviews......arrrrrggggghhhhh! I think I have discounted the Volkle based on probably reading too many reviews and I think the Heads might be a little more forgiving for my standard of skiing

Let me know if you do decide or find out any more!?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just realised I am a year behind the curve here!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are buying from EB they will let you try them in a snowdome if you are near one. In all reality they are probably all good skis and you would be happy on either but people quite often have preferences for the feel of a particular brand so if you can try do so, if you can't buy the ones you get the best deal on
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the reply, that's good advice and is the best way to decide. I don't live near a snow dome but might be worth the effort. Cheers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The correct answer is of course head rev 80 pros but I suspect in reality lynseyf +1 - don't know the vokls but both the Head and Endura get good reviews so think it is down to personal preference/technique (you need to be forward on the Head's even more than normal because there is some rocker)/deal you can get - fully agree best to test before you buy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks TTT and Lyndsey F, all good advice :0)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy