Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World nordic champs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
GB has a team of seven at the World champs this year and yesterday was the qualification races for the 10 and 15km freestyle timetrails next week. Due to the large entry list the lower rated racers (from their FIS points) race a qualification race where only the top 10 ladies and men make it through to the medal race. Four of the GB team raced yesterday and three made it into the top 10 and qualified for the medal race next week, details:

http://www.bnds.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=589:european-youth-olympics-and-world-nordic-championships-open&catid=2:news&Itemid=4

Well done to Posy (3rd), Sarah (10th out of 42) and Alex (8th). Commiserations to Callum who just missed out, finishing 16th out of 72.

Rank Bib FIS Code Name Year Nation Time FIS Points
1 43 3785017 RASIMOVICIUTE Diana 1984 LTU 13:21.3 106.80
2 38 3785004 KOCERGINA Natalija 1985 LTU 13:42.0 127.47
3 42 3225005 MUSGRAVE Rosamund 1986 GBR 13:55.1 140.55

10 30 3225004 YOUNG Sarah 1989 GBR 14:44.3 189.67

1 69 3460035 PALICI Viorel Andrei 1989 ROU 24:53.2 82.71

8 51 3220004 STANDEN Alexander 1990 GBR 25:44.5 110.19

16 56 3220019 SMITH Callum 1992 GBR 26:15.4 126.75

Today is the classic sprints, no sign of Muzzy in the start list so he may still be recovering from flu, but Andrew, Alex and Callum are all starting for the men and Posy and Sarah for the women. No start for Fi either so there may be a limit on entries for each country.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems Fi and Muzzy are saving themselves for the skiathlon tommorrow (Saturday).

Youngy posted a good result on his birthday finishing 45th, and gaining his best ever sprint result, missing qualifying for the finals by just 4 secs, Posy also gained her best classic sprint FIS points, but was dissapointed with not beeing in the top 50. More info:
http://www.bnds.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=590:youngs-birthday-celebration&catid=2:news&Itemid=4
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The GB results fro the skiathlon and the team sprints can be found here:
http://www.bnds.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=592:world-championships-skiathlon-and-team-sprints&catid=2:news&Itemid=4

" Further back Andrew Musgrave put in a very fast final lap, catching and passing two skiers to finish in 39th place. Andrew Young kept with a small chase group and finished 55th while Callum Smith, skiing on his own for most of the race, kept a good pace to finish 69th. With all three British men finishing well above their initial rankings this was a good day for British skiing."

"Fiona Hughes, who is juggling her university studies with skiing, had arrived in Italy only a few days before the race which may have affected her performance. She had a good first classic lap but then found it hard to stick with the pack and dropped back, finishing in 69th place. "
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last two days have been the 10 and 15km time trials for the ladies and men in the free technique.

Details cane be found here:
http://www.bnds.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=593:world-championship-timetrials&catid=2:news&Itemid=4

The GB girls did well finishing generally ahead of their rankings.
In the mens race the Brits finished ahead of their rankings with Muzzy breaking into the top thirty (28th, 24 places above his ranking), AY finishing 53rd (17 up on his ranking) and Alex started second skier in slow conditions, but still finished up on his rankings. Muzzy wasn't happy with his performance though, as he thought he should have been able to break into the top 20.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's good to see this young British team doing well. Is Musgrave raving in the men's 50km on Sunday?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That would be racing, not raving rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes. As is (or was) AY. I've not looked at the results yet as i have the race recorded on sky+ and haven't watched it yet. It will be AY's first 50k and he has more planned for the rest of the season as he will be racing the Holmenkolen 50.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave Horsley wrote:
I've not looked at the results yet as i have the race recorded on sky+ and haven't watched it yet.

It was once for change good race, which was won by.... nah not spoiling you the pleasure Smile But seriously... lately 50k races were really boring to watch, this one wasn't, even though I was watching only last 20km, after I came back from my 40km on xc skis yesterday Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unfortunately i have a good idea who won as I've already watched the biathlon which was on after the 50k and the comentators gave the game away, but they gave the impression it was a very exciting race, so here's hoping. I'm afraid yesterday I was organising a sprint race for some of our juniors so bar a couple of skis of the course, not a lot of skiing. And at least I managed to beat a couple of the under 14s.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
primoz wrote:
Dave Horsley wrote:
I've not looked at the results yet as i have the race recorded on sky+ and haven't watched it yet.

It was once for change good race, which was won by.... nah not spoiling you the pleasure Smile But seriously... lately 50k races were really boring to watch, this one wasn't, even though I was watching only last 20km, after I came back from my 40km on xc skis yesterday Very Happy

Not boring compared to twice around a 25km loop, deep in the woods, classic technique, individual start with just a few cameras around the stadium area wink Those were the days......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
squawker wrote:
Not boring compared to twice around a 25km loop, deep in the woods, classic technique, individual start with just a few cameras around the stadium area wink Those were the days......

But at least it was racing, nowadays most of 50km races (at least first 45km) look pretty much same as first 8km of last leg of men relay looked like Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes - what the hell were they doing on the last leg of the mens relay - I'd have been pissed if I'd been one of the leading 4 racers who broke away on the third leg, only to have the lead I'd worked hard to get given away by mt team mates.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have no idea, but my guess is, that noone of those guys is at least average smart... They should know by now that they have no chance against Northug in sprint. They most likely didn't have much chance anyway, but if you go from start on, there's at least few % chances... waiting for sprint means 0% chance for gold, maybe 1% for silver (realistically Sweden was too strong from beginning for others) so 4 or 5 guys were waiting to fight for bronze... and hoping Heikinen would be too tired to do anything... which wasn't really the case and he finished 5th.
So basically you really have to be stupid to let Northug play this game... for what? 100s time already?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They do keep falling for it. Full marks to Olsson in the 50km for sticking his neck out and going for it (and Cologna, despite the fall).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy