Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton v Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A dilema for you good snowHeads to help me on... My mates want to go to Courchevel, but I'd prefer St Anton as it should be cheaper with better nightlife. Never been to either before. Will be going early Feb, we all ski reds+blacks. Looking for an apartment <£400pp.

Any opinions much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They should both be skied, so I wouldn't worry too much - go with the flow, and do the other resort the following winter. They're both brilliant. Yes, the atmosphere in St Anton can hardly be bettered and the piste/off-piste skiing is fabulous. If you don't stay in Courchevel 1850 - i.e. staying in one of the lower villages - the prices should be more tolerable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ones Dead & one is Alive however if its all blokes then we dont need anymore in St Anton Sad The 10-1 ratio is getting out of control with the huge "Boys" groups from the UK & Ireland.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
xyzpaul,

just joking , but its a warning if your on the pull Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
xyzpaul,

For the skiing I would go to St A over Courcheval. The apre is much better but you might have more luck without having to
compete with Aussie, Kiwis and Swedish skibums who have kind of got the town sown-up IMV
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
there is a new website for st. anton people going, there or been there before http://www.skibum.tk Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think St Anton is great as long as you are a reasonably adventurous intermediate skier or above.

You have to know how to get around to get the best of it though. If you want easy well linked cruising and miles of it go to Courchevel. The vast amount of skiing in the 3 Valleys appeals to some but there is more than enough in a week in St Anton if you know how to get around.

Some St Anton tips:

If the queue is out of the door at the bottom of the cable car in the village take the four man chair. Its usually the best alternative anyway even if you want to get to Gampen.

Almost never bother with the second cable car - it takes for ever. Go via the Schindler chair instead.

Stuben is one of St Anton's best kept secrets but I have just given it away! Uncrowded, several nice restaurants and as its north facing, great powder in the right conditions.

If you want to get to Lech and Zurs, ski to Raus just above Stuben and take the free shuttle bus back and forth.

If there is fresh snow and you want powder, go to the Rendle side. The Valluga area often takes a day or more to open completely after fresh snow and people hang around there wasting there time, whilst they could be over at Rendl making tracks.

The other thing I like about St Anton are the restaurants. You can get a decent sit down meal at a price not much different than you would pay for a pomme frites and burger in a French self service mountain restaurant. The service is usually efficient and it takes you probably no longer for lunch than sometimes I have known in France when I have been queing for ages.

As I said you have to get to know it - how to avoid the queues, the best areas to ski (not as obvious as they look) and the best places to eat. I have been there fourteen times and I still seem to find something new there each time.

Maybe I am a little biased?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
xyzpaul wrote:
Looking for an apartment <£400pp.

Any opinions much appreciated.

I was looking on the St Anton website today with a view to book for Jan21. There are 6 of us and all the apartments were in the 300-370 Euros each. You should easily find places within your budget (600E ! I thought we were being extravagent Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Will be going early Feb..... Looking for an apartment <£400pp.

What are you - crazy? You can get entire appartments in Courchevel for that price!!! Shocked
Mind you, you have chosen the middle of the peak season....
Good luck.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Anton. Good ski-ing, Austrian and none of the "snobbishness" of Courcheval 1800.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers for the replies everyone.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but we are now going to Zermatt instead!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stayed in Courchevel 1650 once. Ths Big C is a magnificent ski domain. A bit pricey for sustainance on the hill, but magnificent none the less. Never been to St Anton.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy