Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Week March 2013 - Courmayeur, Wengen or Morzine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My partner and I are looking to squeeze in another week on the snow before the end of the season. The only dates we can both get off is the last week of March.

Neither of us have ever been to the Alps but have for a few years now gone to Finland, Romania, Scotland and the States.

The only decent deals within our budget we can find for this time are at Courmayeur, Wengen or Morzine

I'm not sure what the snow fall has been like this year and we are little worried about finding grassy slopes when we arrive which would obviously be a waste of our time and hard earned money.

Are any of these resorts worth considering or should we forget about for this year? The latter would obviously be disappointing but I'd rather be realistic about it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No replies Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jrourke, calm down with your impatience, FFS.

That wasn't the sort of question that is likely to get enthusiastic responses from a forum, was it? Anyway.

As of today, Northern French/Swiss Alps have had a. an absolutely amazing season for snowfall, well over seasonal averages. and b. waaaaayyyy more snow than Italian Alps.

In particular, PDS has had astonishing quantities (of the areas I have skied of late).

Wengen is probably doing OK as we were able to ski the Inferno top to bottom (MUerren-Lauterbrunnen) which is about a 10 year occurrence.

Avoriaz (Morzine) however seems to have done particularly well. Significantly at lower altitudes - e.g. I have never in 25 years seen so much snow in the Ardent car park.

Are you going to turn up in Morzine or Wengen to green fields? Well, entirely possible. We could have a foehn from now till then. But as of what is visible now, you are likely to be pleasantly surprised.

(P.S. I would counsel Morzine rather than Wengen)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry for the apparent impatience we are just looking to book something as soon as possible.

TBH Morzine seems to have the most options for us so the good snowfall thus far does bode well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jrourke, if those are your options, and you are confident that prices won't drop (don't ask me for advice on that!), get your credit card out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Wengen is probably doing OK as we were able to ski the Inferno top to bottom (MUerren-Lauterbrunnen) which is about a 10 year occurrence.

Where can I check on line if that is still open on Easter Monday? I'll be in Engelberg, but I really want to go there, so was thinking get up and check out early in Engelberg, swing by Wengen ski, then drive home...sort of / kind of on the way...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy