Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix to Tignes Les Brev

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to get from Chamonix to Tignes on Sat 13 April and am struggling with public transport options. I do not want to go back to GVA then shared transfer to Tignes as this will cost me c. €130 for the round trip.

To avoid returning to Geneva airport or sitting around in empty train stations, I am considering trying to ski / bus it in a single day via Cormauyer and La Thuile.

Bus Chamonix to Cormauyer, arriving at 9.30
9.30 - 11.00 lifts to top of Cormauyer lift system (Tete D'Arp)
11.00 - 12.00 ski Cormauyer to La Balme via Vallone Di Youla (off piste)
12.00 - 13.00 hitch / walk La Balme to La Thuile
14.00 - 15.00 lifts to Col du Petit St Bernard
15.00 - 16.00 ski down to La Rosiere
16.30 hitch / bus La Rosiere to Seez
17.30 hitch / bus Seez to Tignes Les Brevieres (last possible bus is at 19.19)

Hoping for some advice from team Snowheads please..

Does this seem feasible to complete in a single day or will 2 days be better.
Will the La Thuile / La Ros link be open this late in the season (can use touring gear if not but will add many hours on to the trip).
Is the Vallone Di Youla to La Balme a feasible route?
If not possible to complete the route in a day, what is the best option for a budget overnighter in La Thuile?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a bus from Courmayeur to La Thuile which only takes 25 minutes or so, if timing is more of an issue than skiing - you'll spend more time on the lifts getting up to to Tete d'Arp than on the bus getting directly to La Thuile. You would miss out on the off-piste descent, but you;d also avoid waiting for a bus / lift on the road up to La thuile (it's the same bus from courmayeur to la thuile that you'd take either way)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a good chance you will find someone in Chamonix while you are here that happens to be driving that way. You won't know closer to the time, unfortunately.
There is a good car sharing website set up for just this sort of journey: www.mountainrideshare.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you have a lift pass that covers all of those lifts?

If you are thumbing the last sections, why not thumb it all?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy