Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Very apartments Les Saises - anyone stayed?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed at these apartments? Any other recommendations for accommodation in Les Saises, want walking distance to bars/restaurants, also as near to ski in/out as possible as we have a 5 year old, so long walks to lifts a no no.

Been looking at the Les Saises website but the accommodation is split into all sorts of districts that I'm not sure where is best.

Oh and going at Easter for 12 nights, know we may have to book the 14 though. 4 adults one child.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gilly28, I've not stayed there, but I know where it is. There are apartments closer to the "front de neige" though Les Saisies is pretty compact - nowhere is very far from anywhere. If you want to be in the centre avoid anything other than Les Saisies - e.g Hauteluce, Bisanne 1500. What sort of budget? No of bedrooms? Basic/luxury? Do you want a pool? Dates?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pam,

Ok 30th march to 11th April. 2 bedrooms would be fine, one couple in one and either us 3 in another or the wee one in a sofabed or one of the cabin style things. Budget want to stay on or under 2k for the two weeks for all of us. A pool would be great but not essential.

I'm losing the will to live trying to decide on this easter holiday!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

Gilly28, there are a range of places on the "particulier a particulier" section of the Les Saisies website

This, for instance

http://www.lessaisies-alm.net/fiche_meubles2.php?vmeuble=318&vposit=5&znumsem=348

The "Grand Mont" apartments are very central - about as close as you'll get, in the village, to ski in/out. Well within your budget - 590 euros a week, and a reasonable size

You will get more for your money, and closer ski in/out in Bisanne 1500 but it might be too quiet for you. This apartment belongs to a friend http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gordon.bodiesmith/apartment.html It's in the same development as mine - the top two rows of buildings in this picture, taken from the chairlift. £500 a week. But only one restaurant - albeit a very nice one.

I'd strongly advise against hauteluce for Easter - it's too low and the red run back down, even if still open, might be very sketchy.

If you look at the peak retreats website they have several nice places in Les Saisies - Village des Lapons and Les Emeraudes (the latter very new) are both reasonably central, and have pools, but are far more expensive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Look on snowtrex.com
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks stefoy4me, pam w, will look into those later.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowtrex doesn't seem to have anything in Les Saisies.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, definitely knows her stuff about Les Saisies so I won't add anything other than to say that at Peak Retreats we have had very good initial feedback about Les Chalets d'Emeraude which is brand new this season. Another option is Le Hameau du Beaufortain which has really nice facilities and is in a very pretty setting by the slopes (but further from village) so worth having a look too although as pam w says these tend to be more expensive than privately owned accommodation (you pay extra for facilities, onsite staff in particular).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy