Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus Fiss Ladis Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been lucky enough to spend 9 days skiing mainly in Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis

Great weather, flurries of fresh snow but mostly sunny and good light conditions, bit cold at times but I'll live with that. Probably saw the resort in as good a condition snow wise as I could have hoped for.

Paradise for intermediates, the resort was dominated by some fantastic red runs, Frommesabfarht, anything that heads down to the far Ladis side (Zwolferbahn way) and all the runs from Plansegg especially the runs pretty much all the way down to Fiss are fantastic reds, challenging enough for the intermediate but hard not to have a big smile on your face as your coming down them.

A few of the other reds are pretty challenging - Mrs Monkfish was not impressed with the start of the reds off Sattlekopf (all of them) and Schonjochabfarht was pretty challenging all the way down - in the conditions we did it in I have done easier blacks!

Not sure I would like the resort as an early intermediate or nervous newbie. Can only think of the long blue from Fiss to Ladis that was a quality newbie slope, the rest were either quite steep or got very busy and chopped up quite early in the day with some real bottlenecks where a lot of learners were toppling into each other.

Didnt touch the blacks, but they looked like they deserved the rating of black, thats the most I can say about them.

Covered the whole resort with the exception of the Masner area, couldnt persuade the missus to head out that far! From what I did see and ski its the best resort I have visited for pure skiing (previous favourite Ischgl) and I would definately recommend to anyone thinking of giving it a go - as I only heard one English voice in 9 days I'm guessing most of you havent visited it yet.

Also visited Nauders, a few good runs but wouldnt want a week there, and Fendels - strictly for first weekers or a day out - not for longer

Lift system was great, food the usual Austrian fayre, some really nice places, mostly self service - good value as seems to be the Austrian norm

Not sure how ski school groups would work with so little English about - got great tuition from Renata in Serfaus - highly recommended

Thats it for now, if I remember anything else of interest I'll tack in on
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great report, thank you Monkfish, I'm off there on Mar 17th and looking fwd to it muchly after it being highly recommended by my German colleagues.

Very interesting that you put the area above Ischgl - also a great fave of mine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've been there twice - really really liked it Happy. Shame you didn't make it to the Masner area, well worth skiing there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monkfish,

Glad to hear you had great weather. I wasn't quite as lucky last year, as I only had one day of sun.

The blacks down from Pezid are deserving of their rating, esp. Pezid Vertikal on a windy, snowy day. They are not too long, though. Going to Masner involves taking a lift up the Pezidbahn. So skiers daunted by blacks should stay alert and make sure to take the blue. Lazid X-dream isn't bad either and the view from the top of Lazidbahn is well worth the trip, even for those who want to come down with the gondola (to avoid the red and black runs). On a sunny day, a lunch at the Lassida is nice.

I didn't venture too much into Fiss or Ladis, since my famiy preferred the blues arounf the familienbahn and planseggsbahn. My solo excursions went mostly in the direction of Masner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For those on a budget managed to get 9 days skiing in at half-term in at a pretty good price (with some compromises)

Easyjet from Manchester to Munich including baggage £241 (for two) - flight arrived in Munich 9.30pm Friday - arrived in resort at 1am after getting slightly lost on the blizzards! - flight time back 9pm Sunday giving pretty much all day Sunda to ski and get to the airport in plenty of time
Car hire from Munich with CarHire3000 for 9 days £181
B&B in Pfunds through Tiscover - £360 for two - Pfunds is about 20mins from Nauders, Samnaun (Swiss side of Icshgl) and Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis and about an hour from St Moritz so if you fancied a real ski tour its ideal - Tiscover has always provided great accomodation - used several times
Petrol and Austrian toll sticker came to about £100

So all in it was £882 or £441 per person for 9 days skiing at Feb Half Term - ok so I would have preferred to stay in resort if money wasn't an option, but it is! Not sure you will get much cheaper for such a good resort - and 9 days on the piste always beats 6!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Monkfish, Great report. Masner supposed to be very good now with the new chair and new runs. Reason to come back I guess. Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monkfish, Also thanks for sharing travel details. Hope to do similar trip soon.
Looks a very good value for car rental and B&B. I guess you wouldn't manage to get any room from Friday to Sunday in the actual ski resort.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Monkfish wrote:
For those on a budget managed to get 9 days skiing in at half-term in at a pretty good price (with some compromises)

Easyjet from Manchester to Munich including baggage £241 (for two) - flight arrived in Munich 9.30pm Friday - arrived in resort at 1am after getting slightly lost on the blizzards! - flight time back 9pm Sunday giving pretty much all day Sunda to ski and get to the airport in plenty of time
Car hire from Munich with CarHire3000 for 9 days £181
B&B in Pfunds through Tiscover - £360 for two - Pfunds is about 20mins from Nauders, Samnaun (Swiss side of Icshgl) and Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis and about an hour from St Moritz so if you fancied a real ski tour its ideal - Tiscover has always provided great accomodation - used several times
Petrol and Austrian toll sticker came to about £100

So all in it was £882 or £441 per person for 9 days skiing at Feb Half Term - ok so I would have preferred to stay in resort if money wasn't an option, but it is! Not sure you will get much cheaper for such a good resort - and 9 days on the piste always beats 6!

So you didnt pay for any ski passes then? They were free?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thought I would list the cost of the actual tour-op comparable cost, rather than the cost off my lift pass, ski hire, milka bars and paracetemols, with a few exceptions not too many tour-ops include the passes do they?

on the paracetemol subject take some with you! I was informed the nearest chemist where I could buy some was in Landeck a fair old drive away, same with cough medicine etc - supermarkets dont sell medicines (or the ones in the Kaunertal valley area dont)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy