Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fluorescent high visibility women's jacket - where to buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Last week I saw a woman skiing in a bright pink jacket. It was that high visibility fluorescent pink which is generally used in running jackets etc. The visibility was poor that day, but she stood out on the slope much more than other people.

I'm a nervous skier, partly as a result of being knocked over many times by people coming up behind me. Some of these accidents have been due to people moving much faster than me in poor visability.

I need a new jacket anyway, and it occured to me that a high visibility one might just give me that extra confidence.

Does anyone know where I'd find a jacket like this? There are lots of bright pink ones around, but I can't find one in that specific high visibility fabric. I'm not set on pink, any high visibility colour would do.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Screwfix, you can keep it in a vehicle for driving in France
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Google > Pink High Viz - comes up with lots of choice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic, Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.

I had discounted the workwear option as being too stiff to ski in, but some of the bomber jackets might work.

I'd tried several google searches but not that specific one. It seems to be mainly returning links to vests and running jackets though, nothing warm enough for skiing.

The one I saw definitely seemed more like normal ski jacket in fit.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
janeed, The horsey folk around here have Pink high viz riding jackets which are similar ish to Ski
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The horsey idea is a good suggestion. This one is getting close http://www.rockfish-store.com/product/28/hi-vis-all-weather-jacket.aspx

Thanks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Haglofs

http://www.haglofs.com/en-US/products/clothing/layers/shell-layer/women/

or

Arcteryx

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Womens/Jackets
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just found one with "please pass wide and slow" written on the back. Maybe that will do the job Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
janeed, Great, glad you found something suitable Very Happy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
janeed, I think you're missing a full stop Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, works either way Embarassed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could invest in more equestrian kit with a cross country life protector connected to your skis so if you are knocked over it inflates. You must remember to remove the leash at lunch time or you blow up like Michelin man
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+ maybe one of these on top of your helmet?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Automotive/Automotive+Safety+Security/Revolving+Amber+12V+Light/d60/sd3190/p57902
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
janeed wrote:
I'm a nervous skier, partly as a result of being knocked over many times by people coming up behind me. Some of these accidents have been due to people moving much faster than me in poor visability.

You must be really unlucky! I've never been knocked over by people from behind, even in my 'nervous beginner' days. Or, perhaps, I'm just lucky?

Good luck staying visible!
ski holidays
Try somebody who does a lot of cycling gear like wiggle.com. I should think they would have loads of high viz gore-tex type jackets.

Or what about that florescent Elho gear that was popular about 20 years ago. I bet you can still find that on fleabay.
snow conditions
musher, happy days - I am starting to feel nostalgic, I had a bright red Nevica jacket with a bright fluerescent stripe across the back my wife sported a bright yellow Nevica one piece with pink patches on the arms. Oddly enough, no one ever crashed in to us - maybe these health and safety types do have a point. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
snowbandit, Never arrested by fashion police?
ski holidays
janeed,
Scott make a lime green one.
snow conditions
I hope for their own sake you don't have children, bullies are a terrible thing to cope with.
ski holidays
In Les Arcs last week they must have had the builders in. Three different large groups skiing around in hi-vis vests. Saw 2 groups wearing similar in La Rosiere 2 weeks earlier.

Must be a new fashion that will pass me by!
latest report
You sure they weren't school groups?
ski holidays
In La Plagne the blind skiers wear Hi Viz
ski holidays
Why? So they don't lose their group?
latest report
There was a lady standing in the falling snow today wearing a pair of sallies in just the colour pink described by the OP. She also stood out well.
ski holidays
As a real reply, try any branch of B&Q, any tool shop, ironmongery or engineers supplies trade counter.
ski holidays
Thanks for some of the suggestions. I have looked at the workwear type jackets, but they do seem a little stiff to ski in. The ones on wiggle are great for running and cycling, but a bit thin for skiing.

The horse ones are the best bet so far. I'll try and try one on somewhere.

However, the one I saw was very much a ski jacket, fur hood, goggle pocket etc, just in high viz pink.

I'll keep looking.

Zero-G, I don't seem to have much luck. I always try and keep a steady pace and turn shape, and stop in a wide place at the side of the piste, but it still happens. Twice I've been the only other person on the piste, and still got knocked over. I don't think passing my 'nervous beginner' days in St Anton helped either.
snow report
janeed,
Quote:

The ones on wiggle are great for running and cycling, but a bit thin for skiing.

I was thinking about a thin showerproof one to go over perhaps a soft shell.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Actually that might work. My husband and I both have ones we use for running. Mine is fairly fitted, so can't get much more than a base layer underneath, but I could easily get a larger one to go over some layers.

That's my back up plan.
snow report
Is this close?

http://www.play.com/Sports-Outdoors/Outdoors/4-/39066387/Dare-2B-Ladies-Night-Gaze-Waterproof-Ski-Jacket/Product.html?searchsource=0&searchfilters=ae41%7BDare%202b%7D+c%7B363%7D+ae215%7BAdult%7D+ae42%7BPink%7D+&urlrefer=search
snow conditions
That looks really promising. Thanks
snow conditions
I find bright orange trousers and an Angry Birds yellow helmet cover works pretty well Very Happy
ski holidays
Janeed check this out - I have one of these and it is VERY bright pink
http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-ski-jacket-ladies-403198?un_jtt_v_un_PDP=yes&un_jtt_v_un_info=&un_jtt_v_un_pers=&un_jtt_redirect

However this did not stop someone from crashing into me while I was on a T bar lift a few weeks ago Shocked Friends I was skiing with reckoned they (father just missed me before the son smacked directly into me) were blinded by my jacket Very Happy
ski holidays
Thanks for all (well most of) the suggestions.

I've just received the one Megamum recommended. I think it is probably designed for cycling, as it is a bit thinner that my current jacket, and has a pocket at the back, but it looks like it will do the job over a warmer midlayer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy