Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Martin de Belleville

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We finally managed to get our march ski trip booked and are staying in an apartment in St Martin right next to the gondola. Thought i would ask on here if anyone has any advice/info which we might find useful. Went to Saalbach earlier this year and the info from snowheads was invaluable Smile

I know the 3V is notoriously expensive so i anticipate the majority of our eating/drinking will take place in our apartment courtesy of the local supermarket. If we should decide to venture out for a beer or dinner where would people reccommend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Becstar, we ate lunch in a nice little place next to the nursery slope on our way up to VT. Very reasonable I seem to remember.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't comment on dinner options but if you want nice and reasonable lunches on this side of 3V,
go for plat du jour - dish of the day - for around 12E in:
- closest will be: restaurant on the bottom of Granges chair between Menuires and St Martin
- restaurant next to the middle station of Bruyeres gondola between VT and Menuires. Great blue run under this gondola, reasonable prices for food and amazing views from tarraces, chill out music - one of my fave in 3V.
- Bar 360 in Val Thorens. Reasonable food in self service area. Nice music outside and generally good vibes. Specially if it's sunny outside.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92898#2133636
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always make at least one trip over to St Martin to have lunch there when I'm in 3V as the restaurants around the gondola are all pretty reasonable. Dahlia is my favourite I think.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for the food at the places by the St Martin gondola, assuming they'll be open in the evening.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Becstar,

I know you're asking for dinning places. But if you save on dinner by shopping from the local supermarket and delicatessen, you can then enjoy some of the not too expensive restaurants in 3V.
Don't miss la Loy on the Biollay piste (blue) from Granges down to St Martin for lunch. The terrace is a must when the sun is out. They also take booking for dinner. Although I'm not quite sure how you can get there. Someone told me that they actually come and get you by Ski Doo!
The local restaurants aren't bad either. The Eterlou by the button lift is great for lunch and dinner. Simple and reasonably priced.
From top of St Martin 2 chairlift, find the Cretes piste. The Cretes restaurant is just a few seconds away (by skis). My ski instructor introduced us to it. It's an old chalet without electricity. The lunch is delicious there and the atmosphere can't be more authentic if you like traditional chalet ambiance.
Of course, there are many many more in Courchevel and the rest of 3V. (Courcheneige Hotel lunch buffet, Bel-Air restaurant above 1650, les Deux Lacs in Val T etc...)
There are too many of them. Explore and get some nice surprises. Spot the locals and follow them to avoid tourist traps.
Hope you'll find your favourites. I certainly did find a few.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few recommendations for you, I have stayed in St Martin about 6 times in the last 2 years: The restaurant at the bottom of the Granges lift that Tom W was talking about is called the Grand Lac, and does great lunches and plate du jours. Reasonably priced around the €13-15 euro mark for a lunch main. Within the village, the L'Eterlou at the bottom of the button lift is very good and do good set menus for €18 euros which is excellent value for 3 courses. La Loy is on the way back down to St Martin on the left hand side of the piste and is a nice place for a drink on the way home. Also just before the tunnel in St Martin that you will go through on the way home, La Ferme de Choumette is a nice place to stop for a drink/lunch or they can collect you of an evening for dinner there.

Will you have kids with you? There are a few places more child friendly that I can tell you about if you would like.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A few recommendations for you, I have stayed in St Martin about 6 times in the last 2 years: The restaurant at the bottom of the Granges lift that Tom W was talking about is called the Grand Lac, and does great lunches and plate du jours. Reasonably priced around the €13-15 euro mark for a lunch main. Within the village, the L'Eterlou at the bottom of the button lift is very good and do good set menus for €18 euros which is excellent value for 3 courses. La Loy is on the way back down to St Martin on the left hand side of the piste and is a nice place for a drink on the way home. Also just before the tunnel in St Martin that you will go through on the way home, La Ferme de Choumette is a nice place to stop for a drink/lunch or they can collect you of an evening for dinner there.

Will you have kids with you? There are a few places more child friendly that I can tell you about if you would like.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info. No we won't have any kids with us so no problem with that Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kieranm wrote:
I always make at least one trip over to St Martin to have lunch there when I'm in 3V as the restaurants around the gondola are all pretty reasonable. Dahlia is my favourite I think.

Likewise I never miss a visit. Stopped for a vin chaud in Dahlia christmas day2011, it seemed quite reasonable, I think its English run, a bit like Bar Skilt (skibound) in Les Menuires which is a frequent lunch stop, despite being English run they do seem to have quite a good kitchen Skullie the most expensive lunch is usually the tartiflette at 12 Euro and with wine at 6E for a 1/2 or 9 Euro for a litre one it can be very pleasant. there's a daily plat at about 10Euro, moules frites on sunday if I remember right Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy