Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good reviews for Air Canada wanted please !!

Poster: A snowHead
has anyone got some good reviews for air canada ? when looking on websites majority of reviews are disappointing need cheering up !!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
silverback, business class perfectly acceptable. Good digestifs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, they still give you free booze, so thats a bonus!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
silverback, Never had a bad experience, but be warned that if you are transferring to an internal flight to Kelowna (jazz air?) they often haven't got room for all the luggage on a weekend as folk use the service like a bus to go shopping. Skis might not make it till the next day and they will give you a voucher to hire till the skis arrive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problem when I flew, more legroom than charter. Drinks available throughout. Our return flight was quite empty so managed to get a whole row to stretch out on. I had a migraine on the flight out which made me feel quite sick, the air hostess arranged for me to swap seats to be close to the toilet, found an eye mask and kept replacing my water bottle without asking. Can't comment on the food, I wasn't interested on the flight out and I wasn't awake for the return leg. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
we are flying from calgary to kelowna but on a sunday so hopefully this wont be a problem !!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
silverback, Have used them twice, both occasions Heathrow to calgary and then an internal to Toronto on the way back. Pleasant staff loads of leg room nice planes. No issue with Luggage or transfers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My experience is too long ago to be that relevant as I think they merged with Canadian a few years ago. I did several flights with Air Canada pre the merger and all were fine - London to Vancouver, vancouver to Toronto, Toronto to Montreal and Montreal to London. Canadian airports seemed ok too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We use AC in preference to BA partially because the flight gets in to Vancouver in time to get up to Whistler and get all the passes and gear sorted before the shops shut, but mainly because I worried that BA would be on-strike. Obviously this is not really the case but they did seem to always be on strike at school holidays and I did not want the extra worry. We did do BA once and the return flights was delayed but that was very lucky as the road to Vancouver was shut with a crash for 2hrs and we only got to the airport at takeoff time so would have missed the flight.

They do tend to use a modern aircraft on this route so loads of legroom (I am 6') and USB/canadian charging points in seats too. Check what plane you are on - it says on the website (think it was a 333). Food was ok, and they do keep coming round with free drinks. Never had a delay so I would say they are good as any others.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awful.
Canadian used to be so much better.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We went Calgary to Kelowna and on return Kelowna to Vancouver both flights Air Canada. Both flights were small planes (propellor type) but they went fine and skis plus luggage went with us on both flights. The Calgary to Kelowna flight was a bit bumpy, I am not a great flier so it was squeaky bum time but we got there okay! Both flights were bang on time as well so can't complain at all.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve had one round trip with them. Outbound was OK; nothing great, nothing awful. Return to UK was dire. Plane was overbooked and we were fortunate not to be among those bumped to a later flight (next day, IIRC). As we were approaching Heathrow (at 8 am), the pilot announced that they were stacking the planes because of fog and as he didn’t have enough fuel left to join the stack, we would be diverted to CdG (Paris). After sitting on the plane for a couple of hours, we were told that although there was a slot for Heathrow, the crew were required to take their rest period, so we were offloaded and shipped to a hotel. The bus transfer was chaos and communication was dire. I only found out that we would be taking off at 11 pm by asking a mate in the UK to find out what was going on. I then told the AC organiser who then put up a notice in the hotel lobby. We got back to Heathrow sometime after midnight and were lucky because it transpired that AC hadn’t actually managed contact everyone and quite a few were still in Paris waiting to be informed about the arrangements.

So, if that experience is typical, then when everything is going to plan, they are OK but if anything out of the ordinary crops up, their organisation and communication skills are lacking.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jtr, based on a recent experience BA are just as bad at passenger communication when things don't go as intended placing a ridiculous amount of faith in their laggy and not updated website and failing to email/text as promised.

I think all airlines these days suck at customer service unless you're a very high status frequent flyer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, That's probably a fair call. I've found them all much the same but my worst experience was with AC (and incidently, the most pleasant recent flight was on a charter Austrian Airlines flight).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have flown Calgary to Kelowna a few times 7 times ok 2 not ok but the last one was due to the weather instead so instead of Calgary to Kelowna we ended up Calgary - Vancouver - Edmonton - Kelowna it took 12 hrs due to fog in Kelowna. The luggage made it as well. The other problem was flying home one bag out of 15 made it to Calgary the rest turned up in 1s and 2s for the next week. We were coming home so it was ok.
The flights are short they throw a coffee or a cold drink at you then snatch the cups back takes about 45 mins. Then takes about 15 mins for the luggage to show up. If you have booked a bus transfer they stop just outside the doors nearest to the baggage reclaim and if you need a luggage trolly you need 1$ per trolly and you only get 25 Cents back. If you booked a car you can normally pick up the keys whilst you wait for the luggage.
snow conditions
I flew AC business/executive class to YVR in November - in flight food/wines/etc were very good, staff were pleasant and helpful, seating was comfortable, nothing to grumble about at all.
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
.............. nothing to grumble about at all.

Hells teeth, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself??

wink
snow report
I had a bad experience with major delays on toronto-dublin flight, which eventually took off with back up hydraulics system out of order. I heard that particular plane has regular delays and even cancellations due to mechanical problems. It is an old I thing B757. Maybe I am too used to modern airbuses which just feel safer. Maybe it's a good thing Air Canada will cancel the flight rather than fly taking any risk. In any case I have family in Canada who have to use them a lot and are scathing about them. So sorry but no good news here
snow report
Just back from Vancouver (Sunday) and having read the same reviews was pleasantly surprised.
We usualy try and upgrade to premier economy on long hauls but AC dont have this option so flew economy.
The service was excellent, in fact on a par with some premium economy flights we have had but obviously you dont get as much leg room.
They were much better than AA who we flew with to the States last summer and are I believe rated as one of the best North American carriers, I was so impressed that I posted a review to counteract some of the bad reports on the web.
Obviously this may not reflect every flight but my personal experience was very good.
ski holidays
Not flown with them for quite a while, and every flight has been up the front end in "First", and all on London-Halifax route. Couldn't fault them, other than getting "too much" free alcohol (if that's possible). Business lounge measures were generous, then on board, the wine poured from proper sized bottles the steward will not let your glass go beyond half empty. Proper little table cloth too, and proper plates for dinner, with proper knifes and forks (knifes sharp enough to consume the steak that's on the menu too).

Legroom - well I'm 6ft2 (and a bit) and still couldn't touch the seat in front. No clue what it's like behind the curtain.

Got stacked for landing at LHR once, but that's not really AC fault. Of course you only see bad reviews. Nobody ever goes on review websites to post good ones - they only go there when something went wrong.
snow report
Flew with them to Edmonton in economy class en route to Jackson recently. By far the best transatlantic flight I've taken in recent years (in comparison with BA, United, American, Delta and Monarch in descending order of preference). Comfortable modern plane with plentiful power supplies, good quality in-flight entertainment system, decent food, pleasant staff, reasonably skier-friendly luggage allowance and absolutely no queues anywhere. Everything was on time and it was the first airline that I've seen in a long while that has the sense to ask people sitting at the back of the plane to board first - a much more efficient arrangement than the usual front-first policy.

I recommend.
snow report
+1 Probably the best current economy trans-pond carrier and when they screw up they are reasonable and quick to respond . . . even to the point when they screwed up a connection, of putting me on the last flight to Europe business class Lufthansa (which was WONDERFUL . . . but had to sleep for most of it) and a hop then from Frankfurt to Gatwick . . . with all my luggage intact and with me Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy