Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this the quickest path to world champion ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well done to all our British Racers Seniors and Juniors,( Dougie is this weeks star,) on their personal bests.

Meanwhile take a look at this meterioc rise to world champion from Mikaela Schiffrin ( is she related to composer Lalo Schffrin ?)

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=AL&competitorid=164835&type=result&rec_start=0&limit=100

url][/url http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=AL&competitorid=164835&type=result&rec_start=0&limit=100]

In less than 2 years of starting FIS racing to World Champion with a few world cup victories to boot. Awesome !

Having trouble pasting shortcut so look her up on Fis Website wwwfis-ski.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe she counts as a phenom. But as with the BSS thread it's probably evidence of a country with a large talent pool doing lots of development on snow from an early age ( paid for by parents)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Invictus wrote:
Well done to all our British Racers Seniors and Juniors,( Dougie is this weeks star,) on their personal bests.

Meanwhile take a look at this meterioc rise to world champion from Mikaela Schiffrin ( is she related to composer Lalo Schffrin ?)

She's been successful at every level. So I wouldn't call it meteoric rather just someone who's trajectory is much earlier than usual. (No she's not related/diff spelling too)

But I wouldn't crown her the greatest of the next generation just yet. Skiers develop at different rates and have different trajectories. Other young blossoms such as the Swiss girl Wendy Holdener are showing great potential. Who knows in a few years we could have another precocious one nipping at Mikaela's heels. Moreover, it will be interesting to see how she fares against a healthy Schild next season. Whilst the early hype is somewhat merited we shouldn't forget the lesson of Lara Gut who was supposed to be the next great one especially after her performances at the Val D'Isere Worlds. Since then she struggled with injury/fitness. She hasn't always been consistent. Gradually she's certainly proven she is one of the top speed girls contending for podiums but she's nowhere near where some were projecting her to be just a few years ago. It's also a bit silly to be comparing her with Kildow-Vonn already. It remains to be seen if she's like Marlies/Vreni and mainly excels in slalom or whether she will be able to win in other disciplines.

Fatbob, their talent pool is deeper than ours but not on par with Austria. I think it helps that they have academies on site (Burke Mountain) that accommodate their development with their schooling. But I think most of the Americans on the FIS tour having success recently are established vets. Any country would love to have a Shiffrin but right now (and this can change) she's really their only young skier making any sort of ripple.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy