Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying cheap ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering if it's a good idea to buy boots at the end of the ski season from Snow & Rock? Perhaps they have a clearance sale to make way for the summer sports? Any thoughts or advice on how to get a bargain on boots would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Nick.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Until you can afford to get boots properly fitted, and/or are doing more than a week or so a season, it's probably better to rent - boots, bundled with skis, are not expensive to rent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
faithsdaddy, Buy expensive ones Secondhand, eBay etc.eg £350 boot for around £40 find out what sort of feet you have, wide narrow normal, high arch low arch, get a copy of S&R catalogue tells you which boots fit which type of foot. Unless you have "funny feet" and need abnormal fitting couldn't be simpler. Buy what suits your foot, get a foot bed from say S&R around £40 you have a pair of top class boots for less than £100
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic, everyone has funny feet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic, with that approach it is no wonder you have had so many boots, but hey ho, each to their own
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you worn numerous pair of boots and have a good idea what works for you and what doesn't and why? If not, you run the risk of getting either some terrible boots that cripple you, or mediocre boots that are no better than generic rental gear, and what would be the point of that?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The fact that you need to get them fitted doesn't mean you can't buy boots which are on sale. Assuming you happen to find a pair which suit, obviously. Or are we just slating S&R's competence as regards fitting boots?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're determined to buy cheap boots I reckon it would definitely be better to go to Snow and rock (or someone else's) end of season sales than do some theoretical research and buy second hand ones on the internet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, But the joy of opening the much sticky taped box, will they be a virtually new pair thar someone bought and found too much for their abilty, or some shagged out sweaty mess that some journeyman had misdescribed which needed a straight relisting or a journey to the pile of experience one step from the tip.
I once bought from a charity shop auction a brand new pair of Lange slalom tir in original box with a picture of a grinningTomba for £5, I was so embarrased by the good fortune I gave them another £10, OK it was in his cerise period and not every macho racers taste but they raised a few £s.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boots are the same boots whether you pay full price or get them on sale...go for it! But do do do get them fitted, pointless spending all that money for them to be completely wrong for you or ill fitting.

You can get some great deals, I bought my first pair of skis a couple of years ago and got 30% off at EB at the end of the season.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You will get some good deals from the likes of S&R and EB at the end of season, the only problem is that the choice will be more limited than at the beginning of the season.

I have bought skis from both those companies online, but I would never risk online buying with boots. If boots do not fit, then they are not a bargain at any price.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
Cynic, everyone has funny feet.

Only on snowHeads! My OH bought his in resort. He was quite prepared to pay for footbeds but the fitter said he didn't need them. No other modifications needed either and they are absolutely fine.

(Me, on the other hand, have had both boots stretched on the forefoot and padding in both heels, in addition to custom made footbeds!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy