Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monarch changes to so callled ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

underwar? normal socks ..or do you just wear your ski socks all the time? and you wear the same pair of jeans to travel in, wear every evening and travel back?

Yes defo to underwear and socks (forgot to add those to the lift but they roll up small enough), however as ansta1 says I take enough for every day and put on in the evening after a shower and then back on for the following days skiing. With maybe one or two pairs of spares of pants. I have different bras for skiing and normal wear and generally take 2 of each.

Yes to only one pair of jeans - its not like they are against your sweaty arm pits or anything, especially as I would always shower on arrival back at acomodation before changing into said jeans. Oen pair of smartish jeans does for casual and nice. If you spill something on them you can wash the spot out and dry during the day while skiing.

I don't take a casual jacket, spare gloves, hats or anything like that - have never lost anything like that and things have always dried overnight for me.

Seriously, its been an absolute revelation packing light for ski trips - really liberating not lugging loads of luggage. I managed to pack super light for a more adverture type desert trip last year too and didn't ever find I wanted anything else and I even included a nice dress. Massivly mucked it up for my summer holiday and the ony I've just been on though through lack of time to think about packing - does require a bit of thought.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't take spare underwear when I go skiing wink

More seriously I always pack my boots in my bag with all my clothes and have never had problems getting it under 20kg.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B wrote:
I don't take spare underwear when I go skiing.

On the other hand; I carry a spare pair in my backpack for when I stand at the top of a run sh1tting myself
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy