Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seiseralm (alp di siusi) - flat and boring?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at organising a trip to the Dolomites for a long weekend. Ideally where we stay shouldn't be too far from the main Innsbruck - Verona motorway. Selva is a no no - hotels won't take weekend bookings. But Kastelruth looks viable. This gives access to the Seiseralm area and by extension Selva and St Ulrich but it's a bit of a treck there . I've been for a couple of day excursions to Seiseralm and loved it. Ok it's pretty flat but the views and restaurants are great. For those that have been there, what's the view? Would it appeal to a bunch of competent intermediates? Or is it just me?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You say you can't get a weekend booking in Selva, but have you tried Ortisei/St Ulrich or St. Christina? - staying in the Val Gardena valley will give you more options. Personally I like the Seiser Alm area and I could quite happily spend a couple of days there, but maybe that's just me. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, Thanks. Yep, looked at the whole Gardena valley. Problem is we are a large group (15+) and lots want single rooms.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alp di Siusi is flat and boring fact
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spent a week there two years ago. If your only going for a weekend then there should be plenty there for you. There is a black run and a few proper reds along with several easier reds. Only found a few sections on some of the blue pistes that were flat. Personally I love this area. It's a lot quieter than on the main sella ronda circuit. Also there is a direct free bus from Kastelruth to Ortisei where you can get the gondola and cable car up to Seceda area. And on Seiser alm itself you can get a bus from Saltria to MOnte Pana which takes about 20 minutes. From monte pana you can get a chairlift up to Monte De Seura and then access the slopes above Selva & St Christina. The bus from Kastelruth to the gondola at Siusi takes about ten to fifteen minutes but does get busy. We stayed in the village of Siusi itself so only had a 5 minute bus ride and sometimes we walked back to the village. Oh and Kastelruth and Siusi are easily accessible via bus from the train stations at Bressanone and ponte gardena or Bolzano if you are coming from Verona. Let me know if you have any other questions
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmybog, That's really helpful, thanks. Good to know about the buses.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pjd wrote:
jimmybog, That's really helpful, thanks. Good to know about the buses.

The ski busses are all free between the villages and the gondola base. At the top of the gondola are several hire shops where you can store your gear if required and the ski school meeting points are here as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you'd be OK for a few days but would probably need another area (Seceda & Selva?) to use as alternatives. I've stayed in Selva and bussed down to Ortisei before to access the Seiseralm area. Where are you planning to stay in Kastelruth and where do you access Seiseralm from?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tessaventer, Not sure where we will stay yet -still at the planning stage, but my idea is to stay in Kastelruth and get the long gondola from Seis to Compatsch to access the area.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy