Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski schools in Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At the end of March I will be going to Flaine with my 7 year old godson. He had a week on snow last season, taking 6 x 2 hour lessons with a private instructor (thank you, Diane!) and at the end of the week was able to cope confidently with blue runs and was not daunted by the occasional red. This time I feel that he would be better off in ski school because I think he will learn a lot from other kids as well as enjoying the social side of skiing with other kids. We will be staying in Montsoleil so Foret would be an easier drop off/collection place than Forum. My questions are:

Do you think ski school would be best?

What ski school would you recommend (or any that you most certainly wouldn't)?

Should I book him in all day or would that be too much at his age? And I guess he will want to ski with his Dad some of the time.

Any other thoughts or comments?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.esi-flaine.com/ - our two had two great weeks with these guys several years ago. Rendezvous was fine for Foret. They were pushed and progressed very well, and had an enormous amount of fun. Ok it's a few years, but I remember being very impressed with the office set up too, good communication, prices etc.
We've only ever had morning lessons which leaves the afternoons free for family/friend ski time. Personally I think this is enough for most 7 year olds though I'm sure others will think differently snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Likewise go with the ESI - my two have gone through from being complete beginners at age 4 through to their diamond badge with them - great tuition & organisation plus small classes.
Only thing to watch from Montsoleil is getting to the meeting place by the Bissac for 9:00 in the morning - you either have to catch the bus or its a long walk - for some reason, the Gerats lift doesn't open until 09:00
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marmotte16, janner, thanks for that. The Gerats chair not opening until 09.00 is a real pain, it would make such a difference if they opened it just 10 minutes earlier. The good news is that for the week I want the lessons don't start until 09.30, so no problem getting there.

Do they split the classes so that they are either English speaking or French speaking? My godson's mother is French so he can speak more French than most kids of his age but I'm sure he will get more from the lessons if they are in English.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Chris
When Montsoliel first opened, the Gerats used to start at 8:45 but for some reason (I presume it wasn't being used) they switched to 09:00.
Luckily we don't do lessons anymore - final one was last December - the days of waiting for a full bus or walking down to Bissac are gone
In our experience, you'll find the ESI tries to split the classes into English & French speaking but it depends on the time of year & numbers & level
We've found the classes become more mixed as they progressed but it helped with their school French
As well as some French kids, we've also had Spanish, Russian, Polish, Brazilian, Mexican and Thai (who were totally confused) - so it can be multi-lingual
One of consequences of being so close to Geneva
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy