Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Updated Iata regs for airbags.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There was much discussion about the new IATA regs on airbags and an amendment to allow larger airbag canisters to be carried. This affected the BCA Float system as it has a 290ml canister which was larger than the old regs of a maximum of 250ml.

The new regs appear to be in effect, and can be seen here:

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/DG-Passenger-Crew-Provisions-23A-2013-EN-Addendum1.pdf

Of note is the absence of any restriction on canister size:

Quote:
Avalanche rescue backpack, one (1) per person, containing a cylinder of compressed gas in
Div. 2.2. May also be equipped with a pyrotechnic trigger mechanism containing less
200 mg net of Div. 1.4S. The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot
accidentally activated. The airbags within the backpacks must be fitted with pressure relief
valves.

I'm trying to get through to BA at the moment to confirm their position on the new regs, as there is still a 'YES' under "The approval of the operator(s) is required", so ultimately it's up to the airline to decide what can and can't be carried.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I carried my BCA Float 22 with full cylinder from Heathrow to Geneva a couple of weeks ago, flying BA. No problem at all. I'd phoned up customer services a couple of weeks before and they just added a comment to my booking details. Couple of minutes discussion with the check in person and everything checked into the hold with no hassle. I had the regs printed out with me, but didn't have to show the guy. Came back with it full (thankfully!) from Geneva, similar scenario.

I think the airlines are much more used to the bags now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just confirmed with BA that they just use the IATA regs, so in this case, operator approval is granted
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy