Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh Fischer, you so silly.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.fischersports.com/en/Alpine/Hybrid/Hybrid

OK yes rocker is the trendy thing at the moment. But a ski that has a dirty great big switch on the front to flip between rocker and TC? Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure I've seen a similar thing before, using cables to pull the ski tip up, Rossi maybe? It did seem to create a reasonable change in camber, but surely the skis must be as floppy and limp as yesterday's pasta to be able to easily do so, especially just pulling a switch with wimpy human power?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999, better, seems you can change by poking it with a ski pole...
http://www.fischersports.com/upload/filecache/b285fc62061d9105a81aa330f9cfac97.jpg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am trying to work out how pulling the switch back forces the ski tip down.

But, maybe it's not so crazy. Assume rocker is skis "natural" position. It's going to behave like any similar rockered ski.

So you then force the tip down. Surely that's going to be at least better than the rockered position on piste, even if it's not as good as a non rockered ski?

All that said, you do have to tip your hat at the marketing department don't you? (And imagine the looks on the engineers' faces... Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scomber, I totally disagree. I hired a pair of these last week to try them - first in the "rocker" position - they sailed though powder and sliced through rough crud. The second day I tried them in the "normal" position on hard piste and they skiied just like my Rossi race skis. I liked them so much I've just bought a pair !

That was after trying a couple of other supposedly all mountain skis (Rossignol E88 and a Nordica) that I could not get to grips with - they felt as if I was skiing on a pair of 4" x 2" planks they were so unresponsive.

So (as some say about the BBRs) don't knock them until you have tried them !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a look at some of these early this season... didn't try them though. The 'switch' de-rockers the ski by creating a stiff point along the rocking point at the tip.
Seems to make sense and according the bloke on them and deerman they seem to work.... but so did the Atomics with the massive cut in the tip and tail stuffed with silicone.... don't see them too much now and that was 2 seasons ago!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can see how this would work and in the same way that Tigershark 10ft switch tightens the tail. Clever idea.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
deerman, did you try them on piste in "rocker" mode?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can see how it might work but it's a limited market - essentially it's not a ski for the quiver junkie/mug or anyone who wants serious rocker and then among the potential user base there's the further turn off of "gimmick".
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess it's Fischer's version of Elan's amphibios technology. To get both versions with those you just put the skis onto the 'wrong' feet.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, Yes - spent the first day in rocker mode, both on and off piste. The piste was soft lumpy, as the piste machines did not venture out until the snow stopped. The skis worked fine - but as I discovered the next day when I used both modes, they are not as precise in rocker mode. Where my Rossi's needed to be pushed through the lumps, these sliced through very easily.

I've been looking for a more versatile ski to replace my Radical X's, and these were the first skis that I've been really happy with from the word go. I can ski the radicals in powder, it's just hard work - these had me grinning like a child when I started off using them.

I have to say that I would have been happy to buy them either as rocker skis, or as normal skis as each mode works well - the chance to have both in the same ski was a bonus.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
deerman, which model?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, Hybrid 7
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
deerman, you went for the narrow ones then and still found them ok off-piste . . . impressive

Though the number of piste based skis in Fischer's product line is crazy, 29 not including the real race skis Shocked Product overload is getting silly . . . though it does mean good discounts in the Summer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, Remember, I used to ski powder in 210 slalom skis ! So modern wide skis are something else again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy