Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Canada -ski carriage - rigid case/tube required + charge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just received my etickets for Banff, I found that when taking skis with Air canada it's now a requirement that they are carried in a hard/rigid case.
It's not a problem for us as we have a skitube, but I thought it may be relevant to other travellers. There is also a cost of £45 outwards, payable at check-in and $70 ( plus tax?)on return in Calgary.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paul.kin, are you sure about the charge? I took a board bag (not rigid, but stuffed with stuff) in November and it was treated as a standard piece of luggage? No extra fee.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paul.kin, wot Lizzard says. Never had a problem with my board bag and last time was $0
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think if that is your only item of baggage and it does not exceed 23kg then that is acceptable,- but we will have a holdall and double bootbag (i.e. 1 item each),- so the skitube is charged extra.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paul.kin, I had two bags, though the board bag was under 23kg.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, hopefully we may not be charged, which will be a bonus. If we are charged then at least we are prepared.

We are at the stage of wondering how quiet it will be in Banff. Last year was very quiet with low number of Brits. i suspect as there are no direct flights from Manchester that less people still will be making the journey.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
also, if you turn up with a soft bag, they just make you sign a waiver saying you won't hold them liable if the baggage handlers drop your skis on the tarmac Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You have to phone Air Canada (which seems to be based in India) and pre register skis- not sure why. Phone call was rather frustrating as had to say most things at least twice! They did, eventually, confirm that our skis would be free if part of baggage allowance.

when are you going to Banff paul.kin, we're going next sat 22nd, can't wait! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We also pre-registered the skis over the phone, and I must admit the coversation did go around in repetitious circles!

We are going out on 9th March. If anything like last year it will be great, as it snowed pretty much everyday and it was quieter than we've ever seen it in the past 10 years.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy