Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do?! JJ vs Pettitors? and when?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I am looking to go skiing for a season, this means I will be going next year and I want some powder skis.

The ones that I liked the most are the Armada JJ's and K2 Pettitors. I have not tried them, however, I have read up as much as I can and these seem like the skis for me. Something that is able to cope with the powder, playful and versatile.

Input into which is better would be appreciated too would be nice. (6 foot 2, 14 stone). I was just going to get the longest ski they do.

However, the main question is of when to get them. I want to get them as cheaply as possible, as I am on a budget. I can get them both at reduced prices now (£150 off RRP). But do they tend to go down further than this on such popular skis? Or would it be better to wait until next year then HOPE to buy last years ski?

Any advice would be appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sport-Conrad have JJ's for 449 euros. I ski JJ's in 175 (I am 5'6") and they are fun skis, really playful and did magic for my powder skiing, reducing dramatically the number of face plants per powder day and I don't feel in trees that I am about to kill myself:). So to me they are more than coping with powder. They are also quite light and I can ski powder all day. They run up to 195 but I heard that in this size they are slightly different - stiffer with longer radius. I bought mine used in the resort two seasons ago for something like 200 CHF and replaced demo bindings with Pivots. But I guess I was lucky. You can take a chance and wait till end of season or the even the next one as they can be more old stock on sale - some skiers are switching to Norwalk which is either a wider TST or a more directional JJ's and I see those a lot this season. I have no idea about Pettitors but I generally don't like the feel of K2 skis, find them too heavy and stay away.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Phillissuper, are you doing a season in a ski resort of decent size? With a ski related employer?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
Phillissuper, are you doing a season in a ski resort of decent size? With a ski related employer?
I am going to the 4 vallees, and I will be doing an instructor course there. I have a pair of atomic blackeye ti's which I got a very low price already this season, but they are more piste based.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look on sport bittl. You can get the bubbas or jjs for under 400 euros. I would def go ak jj at your size but the bubba or the arg are nice skis if you just want a powder ski. J
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Phillissuper, my inclination would be to try various skis out there before buying anything. You may find that your course uses a particular shop who may let you try some models for free. I'd be amazed if there weren't things to be bought at good prices.

Also, you'd be surprised how many ski reviews get written by people who've never been near the skis...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks chaps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
S7
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy