Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Bad Hofgastein

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Bad Hofgastein for a long weekend in March, staying in the Kur & Sport Hotel Palace. Can anyone recommend somewhere good to hire skis? I don't to go too far out of my way, as with only a weekend I want to maximise skiing time (and minimise walking in skiboots time). I hired through Skiset at 49 Degree North last year, but they were really slow when we picked the gear up and I wasn't that convinced about the quality of the equipment. One option is I could take pot luck on hiring from the shop in the hotel, but I've really no idea how good their equipment is.

Cheers,
SM.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IIRC there is a small ski shop near the funicular which was very good - and you can store skis and boots there as well - can't remember the name of it though
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sugarmoma666, Stayed there last year, beautiful hotel, food etc. I am sure the hire shop is a local firm that operate from a small room in the basement but only at set times, they seemed efficient when I looked at their setup but I think you need to book through the hotel in advance and be very specific about the gear you want as the guys will only bring what they need to hire out. Contact the hotel direct to be sure but it would be a really handy option.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We got back from Bad Hofgastein a few weeks ago. Rented our skis from Irausek, which is probably the place heliphil is thinking of. Right beside the main funicular station. Professional, friendly, good gear, and and we got a decent deal booking online in advance. Recommended!

Btw the ski buses run frequently in mornings/afternoons (every 10 mins or so) and drop off really close to the funicular station, so no need to rent a ski locker. Being lazy, we'd originally planned to fork out for one at the base station, but the buses were so close and frequent that we decided to leave our gear at the hotel (a first for us!). For you the trip is so short from the Kur & Sport you should be fine.

Enjoy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi guys just seen this is the most recent thread for Bad Hofgastein, thought to ask what the outcome was and if anyone knows how long a ski safari is possible towards Schladming have good next jan 2014 so plenty of time to get sorted. Need to work out if its a transfer or get raped to hire a car.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy