Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler season - where to stay?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning six weeks in Whistler next year and wondering if anyone has done the same and has recommendations on where to stay? Initially thoughts are Whistler village because a) that's where we've always stayed before and b) I'm worried some of the areas further out might feel a bit 'suburban' (no offence to the suburbs but very used to the hubbub of living in Central London), but interested to hear other views. Allura direct seems to have a few apartments in Deer Lodge / Marketplace which broadly hit budget but Deer Lodge gets mixed reviews. Any other recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did 12 weeks with seasonaires.com in 2007 not sure if they are still around but the aptartmemt was above the offie and supermarket. The rates included flights transfers lift pass and other "stuff".

Well worth a look, have fun!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed for 2 months in an apartment in Creekside a couple of seasons ago. Ideal location for getting up the mountain in the morning, good local vibe (it's the original area of Whistler), good ribs in Hoz's and plenty of other places to eat and drink, local supermarket and liquor store. Regular bus service to and from Whistler Village (10 minute ride), starting early in the morning and still running long after midnight, or $10 taxi. I Googled 'Whistler Condo' and found plenty of places available at reasonable rates and got a good deal from a private owner as I wanted 8 weeks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Creekside will be cheaper than Whistler Village and as mentioned above is the old village before the Disney one was built.

All the Allura apartments are privately owned so condition will vary depending on how recent they have been "refreshed". I would be surprised if there was anything really bad in the Village though as there is so much competition they would have to keep up to date to get any business. What were the reviews criticising ?

If you wanted to tie it in with ski instruction then have a look at yesimprovement.com they will rent you space with the instruction and you can extend either end of the course in their apartments/villas for about $55 per night which will be no doubt very basic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy