Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine (26/01/13 - 09/02/13)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Flaine staying at "Le Centaure" which we can highly recommend. We booked despite knowing that the pool / spa area would not be available / finished this season. We stayed in a 2/4 person appartment which was finished to a high standard in every respect. It is clear they had not cut corners with either the finishes or equipment.

The appartment consisted of a living room with dining and kitchen area the sofa could be converted to a double bed if required, a seperate bathroom and toilet, a bedroom with double bed and a balcony that ran the length of the appartment with access from both the bedroom and the living room. There was plenty of storeage /wardrobe space available (not always the case in Flaine appartments). The staff couldn't have been anymore helpful with DVD's and games consoles available from the reception. The appartment was very comfortable for two adults for two weeks. We also had the chance to look at a duplex 4/6 appartment with 2 double bedrooms (one with ensuite) living room (with sofa for conversion to double bed) kitchen and dining area and seperate toilet and bathroom also a balcony. The 4/6 would be our choice for four people because of the additional space (obviously), we liked both types of appartment but think we prefered the 2/4 especially as ther were just 2 of us.

They were clearly still working to finish certain areas (not just pool) as every now and then a workman would be seen carrying a reel of cable or glueing/fitting carpet to the stair wells, this was not an issue and did not detract from the stay - there were a couple of days during the first week when there was a strong smell (from the carpet glue) which was a bit annoying. The appartment was much quieter than the appartment block we stayed in a couple of years ago (in Flaine) and felt quite plush with its carpeted passagways (more lik a hotel). It is a pity some people think it is ok to walk along the passages in ski boots (would they do it at home)?

A few other things I feel I should mention for those going to Flaine:

The cinema is well worth a visit if you have time and it is showing something you fancy seeing - we saw Argo and Skyfall and thought it a real shame more people didn't make use of it, the most comfortable cinema seats ever?

Ski instructor - Lynne Stainbrook - I can't recommend this guy highly enough, I am sure there are other good instructors in the area but Lynne is eceptional and the ideal instructor for those begining or nervous through to the experianced looking to perfect their skiing technique.

Blackside - A nice shop (forum area) and a good place to rent equipment (skimium) very helpful staff and have really looked after us whenever we have visited, also a good place to pop in for a drink or something to eat - they also run the chocolate shop down by the tourist information - well worth a visit and they do more than just chocolate.

Skiers refuge at the foret level provided some nice food and drink at a very reasonable rate - the portions were big too!

I hope this is of use!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy